IGNORED

If It's Too Good To Be True...

64squares

First of all, thanks for this forum! I've been reading through the archives and learning a ton. Just recently I started collecting and I'm amazed at how much atari stuff is out there (well mostly on EBay, the countless garage sales and thrift stores I've been to have turned up nothing). My mother sold my 4 switch when I was a kid at a garage sale without me knowing and now I'm trying to buy back my history and then some. Unfortunately, I think I may have bought my first PAL cart tonight. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

In his description he says it's the US version so I assumed it was NTSC, but after I won the auction I got suspicious and I did a search and found some in Australia and Great Britain identical to it, so now I'm thinking that in fact it's not NTSC. Did I make a mistake?

Hey dude, you're not the only one where your mom sold the collection, my mom did it... twice... i still dont have games that i used to have in the other collections...

Your mom sold your collection TWICE??? There's a story behind this... let's hear it!

Simple story. I played the atari too much, when I went to a friend's house to stay the night, they went and sold it at the weekly flea market. I got mad, got another collection, and guess what, same damn thing. Needless to say, I now have all of my atari stuff now before they all disappear... AGAIN!

Thanks, I appreciate all your replies. And I thought my mom selling my atari things once was bad, but twice? That's brutal. I had an 800xl so my mom figured I didn't need the 2600 anymore. She's one of those people that can't stand any clutter in the house, so off it went while I was away for the summer. At the time I was really ticked, but soon after I got a disk drive for the 800xl and my friends and I swapped a lot of games, so I didn't really think to get another one. I'm hitting the yard sales hard this weekend so maybe I'll find as good a deal as when someone bought mine.

I just compared it to the cart i own and the one in the archives it appeats to be the sames as a NTSC game so that is what i assume it is.  But to know forshure we will just have to wait.  Let me know what you find out.RD

Actually, PAL carts look 100% the same. Well, no reason to speculate that it's PAL, anyway: hopingly it'll be a NTSC. ;)

Freaky auction, though: a "kung fu" sold as being a "Chuck Norris". Wasn't the latter a Xonox? Are you sure you bought the game that you wanted?

Freaky auction, though: a "kung fu" sold as being a "Chuck Norris".

I thought they are the same game, but the license to use the Chuck Norris name was only for the US, so that's why they supposedly changed the name for PAL games...

I got lucky... my mom was the one that BOUGHT the machine to begin with. She bought the system in 1979. I was like... well, 1 year old.

That system later fried (all the printed circuits had bubbled up somehow??), and they later bought the slim-line Atari 2600.. you know.. "Atari 2600 for under $50 bucks?? WOW!!".

They just kept it in the attic and then when I moved out, I took it with me!

Oh yeah, I'm new... hi.