IGNORED

All of the Imagic boxes!

the 5th ghost

dougimagic.jpg

Finally able to take a picture of these :)

The final piece was getting the box for Solar Storm, thanks to FND :thumbsup:

Of course, these are only the US released games which is what I collect at the moment so Wing War isn't present. Cubicolor wasn't sold in stores, (I don't think there's a box anyway.) I also didn't inlclude box variations; however, Atlantis II is included since it was available through the Defend Atlantis contest :P

I do see one missing, I don't see the Atalantis game with the day light picture, but other wise, WOW!

:ponder: ;)  :!:

Yeah, yeah, that's just a variation. I was showing all of the US released games. :P

Someone asked how I got the boxed Atlantis II...I aquired it from the original owner who was trying to make it to the Defend Atlantis shootoff in Bermuda. I also got all of the correspondance letteres from Imagic which he saved all those years. He managed to keep all of his stuff in excellent condition.

I discovered it in an eBay auction many years ago where he was selling his entire childhood Atari collection. There were also at least 40 other boxed games, all excellent and complete including a boxed Superman with mint wallet. There were numerous Activision patches, all with thier letters (he was obviously an excellent gamer,) as well as a few issues of Activision's newsletter, Activisions. There was also a boxed heavy sixer included. :)

Anyway, the auction ended with the reserve not being met and I forgot to get in a bid. I emailed the seller and asked if the high bidder wouldn't take the lot that I'd be interested. Remember, this was before Atlantis II was even on the AA rarity list (I eventually changed that ;) ) Anyway, the seller told me that the reserve was $175 and "probably too high." He happily sold the whole lot to me for $125 shipped :)

Again, I wasn't trying to lowball him because I was a novice collector then and thought it was a fair deal, which it was in those days as far as Atari stuff was concerned. Back then you would only have maybe 3 to 4 pages of auctions to search through for Atari related items and they were all bunched together in one category. Back then there was no such thing as boxed game lots going for over $500 like they can do now. I got very lucky back then getting the stuff I have now. :D

The seller was really cool to and told me how he was going to sue Imagic for the contest falling through (remember, there was supposed to be a large amount of gold to be won.) So I guess the whole Atari thing was something he was glad to get rid of.

Cool story! :) How long have you been on ebay, was this in the past 5 years? I've been since 99, so a little over 5 yrs for me now, I've been collecting/buying games online that whole time. I was focused more on 5200 stuff back then. I could have passed this lot up & not even noticed. :skull: Great picture too, I need most of that second row for a boxed set, those are the toughies!

Awesome collection!

Any idea why some titles have white text and others have black?

Just seems kind of odd.

The white text titles have Red spines as well. From side profile, the white text works better on red. I have no idea why they are like that though..

:?

Someone asked how I got the boxed Atlantis II...I aquired it from the original owner who was trying to make it to the Defend Atlantis shootoff in Bermuda. I also got all of the correspondance letteres from Imagic which he saved all those years. He managed to keep all of his stuff in excellent condition.  

I discovered it in an eBay auction many years ago where he was selling his entire childhood Atari collection. There were also at least 40 other boxed games, all excellent and complete including a boxed Superman with mint wallet. There were numerous Activision patches, all with thier letters (he was obviously an excellent gamer,)  as well as a few issues of Activision's newsletter, Activisions. There was also a boxed heavy sixer included.   :)  

I think I remember that auction if I am not mistaken the fact that there was a sticker with the Atlantis II

on the box was mentioned, at the time I had no idea what it was and thought it was just a regular Atlantis

that someone just put a sticker on.

BTW I have since added a boxed Atlantis II to my collection :D , No letters though.

FND

Cool story! :)  How long have you been on ebay, was this in the past 5 years? I've been since 99, so a little over 5 yrs for me now, I've been collecting/buying games online that whole time. I was focused more on 5200 stuff back then. I could have passed this lot up & not even noticed.  :skull:  Great picture too, I need most of that second row for a boxed set, those are the toughies!

I've been on eBay for over 6 years. Back then the chances were much greater to find gems for less money than today. I just wish I would have dedicated more time and money back then to eBay :ponder:

Most of my stuff was found in the wild, I have been very lucky to say the least, especially finding stuff in excellent condition. I've been collecting activley for around 8 years I'd say.

Yeah, I agree with foxglove9, the Imagic and Activision games had the best box art. I loved the Star Wars ships used by Imagic:

Star Voyager - Millennium Falcon model

Subterranea - Tie Interceptor, B-Wing Fighter and Imperial Shuttle models

I also have the three Imperial made "dinosaurs" used on the Demon Attack box that I plan on painting silver and gluing the GiJoe missiles and wings to :D

I think I remember that auction if I am not mistaken the fact that there was a sticker with the Atlantis II

on the box was mentioned, at the time I had no idea what it was and thought it was just a regular Atlantis

BTW I have since added a boxed Atlantis II to my collection  :D , No letters though.

FND

Excellent! So, what's your story on how you got your boxed Atlantis II?

I'm only aware of one other person with a boxed copy besides ours. Do you want me to make photocopies of the Imagic letters for you? :?:

Star Voyager - Millennium Falcon model

Subterranea - Tie Interceptor, B-Wing Fighter and Imperial Shuttle models

I also have the three Imperial made "dinosaurs" used on the Demon Attack box that I plan on painting silver and gluing the GiJoe missiles and wings to  :D

You mean this dinosaur fellow? I'd like to see your models, sounds 8)

post-43-1088657093_thumb.jpg

BTW I have since added a boxed Atlantis II to my collection  :D , No letters though.

FND

Excellent! So, what's your story on how you got your boxed Atlantis II?

I'm only aware of one other person with a boxed copy besides ours. Do you want me to make photocopies of the Imagic letters for you? :?:

I got this game from ebay

The story is pretty weird though as the guy selling this game had told me it was his cousins

who had traded a BB gun and 5 Atari games to his older brother for it, Not sure why this guy

had to fabricate such a lie for no apparent reason but if you read on you will see it all worked

out in my favor.

Not to long After the auction was over I got an email from a friend who noticed there was

another auction that had ended a few weeks earlier with the exact same picture, getting

somewhat concerned I emailed the other seller and politely asked if he had sold it to the guy

I just bought it from, he confirmed he had and than continued to offer me the box which he had

just found, thinking I was going to be the victim of some master con Job I answered and told him

I would like the box but would have to wait until I received it before I could give him any money,

to my surprise he told me I could have it for free and he only wanted the cost of shipping.

After I received the game I emailed the seller and explained what I had learned, he sent back a

totally fabricated lie with holes you could drive a truck through, I don't recall the specifics but believe

me it was pretty funny stuff.

I already have copied the letters that are here at AA, I assume they are

yours ? Although full size copies would be great.

FND

I got this game from ebay

The story is pretty weird though as the guy selling this game had told me it was his cousins

who had traded a BB gun and 5 Atari games to his older brother for it, Not sure why this guy

had to fabricate such a lie for no apparent reason but if you read on you will see it all worked

out in my favor.  

Not to long After the auction was over I got an email from a friend who noticed there was

another auction that had ended a few weeks earlier with the exact same picture, getting

somewhat concerned I emailed the other seller and politely asked if he had sold it to the guy

I just bought it from, he confirmed he had and than continued to offer me the box which he had

just found, thinking I was going to be the victim of some master con Job  I answered and told him

I would like the box but would have to wait until I received it before I could give him any money,

to my surprise he told me I could have it for free and he only wanted the cost of shipping.

After I received the game I emailed the seller and explained what I had learned, he sent back a

totally fabricated lie with holes you could drive a truck through, I don't recall the specifics but believe

me it was pretty funny stuff.

I already have copied the letters that are here at AA, I assume they are

yours ? Although full size copies would be great.

FND

That is a weird story, what a cool way to get the box!

Yep, those letters in the AA archive are mine.

Yep, those three dinosaurs  8)  

That poster is fantastic, where did you get that!?

eBay. :)

@FND, are you saying you found the cart on ebay, & I remember it mentioned in the DP ebay forums at the time, but don't recall the whole story. So the seller had only just aquired it himself then? And you got the box from another ebayer, who had sold the loose cart previously to the person you got the cart from? That is wild!