IGNORED

Wanted - Electromagnetic plates for the Sega 32X

SimonTemplar

electromagnetic plates

That might be your problem. ;) Try looking for RF shield instead. :D

I only have one pair unfortunately (I have 3 or 4 32X) and my guess for it's scarity is because it's a major PITA to get it insialled properly, even more of a PITA to remove it. I guess some people just threw it out instead of trying to use it or even got rid of Genesis separately with the RF plates still installed.

This is like finding a needle in a haystack but who knows..

I bought a Sega 32X CIB and it`s missing the electromagnetic plates. Does anyone here have a pair of them for sale ?  I can`t get the 32X to work without them. ..

If it doesn't work without them, I can't see it working with them either.. AFAIK their purpose is to keep the 32X within FCC standards.

This is like finding a needle in a haystack but who knows..

I bought a Sega 32X CIB and it`s missing the electromagnetic plates. Does anyone here have a pair of them for sale ?  I can`t get the 32X to work without them. ..

If it doesn't work without them, I can't see it working with them either.. AFAIK their purpose is to keep the 32X within FCC standards.

So you are saying the 32X should work without them? I will give it a few more tries then, maybe I did not connect he cables properly.

yeap, far as I can tell those RF shield plates only serve two purposes..actually three.

1. FCC required them because of all the CPUs in such close proximity and hence generating noise interference.

2. To keep the 32x firmly seated inside the Genesis cart slot. Though this isn't really needed if you have the Model 1 or the collar to attach it to the model 2 properly and a good cart connector on your Genesis.

3. I have had some games for whatever reason lock up after some use of the 32x, but not lock up with the plates installed. Again, this could be part of the noise bit the FCC was worried about.

I haven't installed the plates on my 32x this past time I connected it up, but I also didn't have my lock up problem either. So who knows...But the 32x will work for sure without those RF plates...

:wink:

• 16 years later...