IGNORED

folder for gamecube disks?

kisrael

You might have to look into photo department at any store that sells camera and films. pages designed to hold 3x5 photo should work. Make sure you get the one with slip sleeves and not the sticky paste!

Or you could try comic and card shop and see if they sell card holder for 3x3 or larger cards, that may work as well.

Your question sparked my insterest in the subject also, which then prompted me to search various terms in search engines for the past 30 minutes...and I only found that one game holder you saw. :sad: I figured they made holders for those mini-cds that were out for a short time (I think they may still be around), but I couldn't find anything.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_co...tid=4215&store=

That's the highest capacity I can seem to locate. Here's the logic. If you stored the discs 3x3, the wallet might become too easy to roll up, and you'd risk snapping all of your disks if too much pressure was applied. Smaller capacity per page makes the entire unit more difficult to deform.

Or something.

Huh. Are those, like, Sony's "Minidiscs" though? Those aren't the size and shape of the GC's discs, are they? They have that thicker plastic case, kind of like 1 3.5 "floppy"?

I got a few more hits looking for variations on "mini" "cd" "dvd" and "wallet", but for the most part it seems to be those microwallets.

I'm not sure if I totally buy the 3*3 wouldn't work, but maybe. I mean, with regular sized disks, you don't really want a lot of pressure on them either (in fact, I think 'cause they're bigger, they have more pressure problems, since any bend has a lot more "leverage" at the edges...

Just some thoughts. I wouldn't mind the microwallets, except they seem so lose-able! You could easily loose $300-$500 worth of games as easily as you misplace your carkeys!

Minidisc is used to cover 3.X inch compact discs in general. MiniCDRs and Gamecube games are the same diameter, if I recall correctly.

Folding... Okay, say you have two items, hinged together. Say they can only bend 45º in either direction from being level. Add another hinge and another item. Now you can bend your connected items into a 90º angle, with the middle item being at 45º. This really needs an illustration to erm... illustrate my point, but basically it's easier to break your discs if the container can be coaxed more easily into folding onto itself. You want minimal flexibility in a container that houses relatively delicate items.

Or like I said, something.

Yeah, I have my whole collection in three microwallets that I've hooked together. Two third-party ones that I got for $2 each, and then one actual Nintendo one that cost me $7 when I filled the first two and couldn't find the knockoffs anymore. :P

It frustrates me to not be able to find 3" CD holders because besides my gamecube, my niece's gamecube and the gamecube I left at my parents' house, I got my stepdad a Sony Mavica last year that takes 3" CDR's. So far he's okay with dealing with a ton of tiny jewel cases, but sooner or later that's gonna get ungainly.

Maybe if I could find a surplus 3.5" floppy album with non-scratchy sleeves...