IGNORED

Arcade Classics we missed out on!

Were Rally-X and Burger Time ever released here?  If not, add them to the list.    

I can kind of understand why these things weren't released here, because Nintendo figured that we wanted new games, kinda a prototype of the Sony no-2D policy . . .

I guess you could say that. Nintendo may have pressured its licensees to make games with more depth than the ones available for previous systems.

Personally, though, I think the absence of classic games on the NES had a lot more to do with the fact that each licensee was allowed to make only six games a year for the system. When you're faced with both that limitation and stiff competition from other companies, you're forced to put your best foot forward and leave the less impressive games behind.

It wasn't just older arcade conversions like Crazy Climber and Galaxian that were left in Japan... we were cheated out of a lot of other worthy titles, like Yume Penguin Monogatari (a hilarious sequel to Penguin Adventure where Pentarou is forced to lose weight to win back the love of his girlfriend), Kid Dracula, and Little Samson. They were all very good, but apparently not appealing enough to American audiences to make it worth releasing them here.

JR

NE1: It isn't that I don't like the NES, I do like the nes, a lot. I just don't LOVE it, no where near like I loves my 2600. MY PRECIOUSSSSS. I have close to 300 nes titles in my measly nes collection (and that is literally without ever trying,) and I always keep my favorite nes games on my gba flash card. Heck, I made that list I typed simply by pulling up my nes emu on my gba and scrolling through the game list :-)

So I'm plying around with a NES multi cart, and whoa low and behold games for Nintendo I never knew existed!

Mappy

Pooyan

Front Line

Yi Ar Kung-Fu

Galaxian

Circus Charlie

Why weren't these released here? Sure they made most of them for the 2600, but these were really GOOD versions!

What other NES arcade ports might I not be seeing?

Daniel

Man, I woulda killed for a good Mappy in the 80's/90's.. Before the Psx..

Mappy rocks, I bought the "TV Games" with Ms. Pac-Man because I missed out on Mappy...and I really enjoy this title

I need to work on getting a Japanese import "Famicon Mini" Mappy for the GBA. Since I've never had any luck in getting the original B&W GB release, this will have to do as the next best thing for some GB Mappy action.

Well, for one thing, it has more and better sound than the NES version (though still no attract mode or introductory cartoon); for another, and much more importantly, it has a sort of "mappy remix" which is harder and scrolls horizontally and vertically instead of just horizontally. Until DK 94 came out, it was the best example (in my mind) of a home port having more play value than the arcade version of something.