IGNORED

This is illegal to sell isn't it? (Not VG related)

AtariLeaf

i think its an good deal, especially since he took the time to set the vcr and channel, buy the $1 vhs tape from the Dollar store, then turn out his lights and go to bed, and in the morning you have atleast a $12 (shipping included ofcourse) movie ;)

and

It does, however, have commercials.

but that is the best part, we get to see what vh1 was selling while he was sleeping  :twisted:

I find it funny/ironic, you report seller of this, yet in this same thread you are suggesting someone do the exact same thing for you & that you'd pay them.. :ponder: So is there a difference when someone's doing it for a few bux vs. $10? Maybe he's more greedy, so stick it to him..

I wish ebay would just delete the whole report button, too many wannabe police.

Not that I condone what he's doing, but if it's not directly hurting anybody, what difference does it make?

I find it funny/ironic, you report seller of this, yet in this same thread you are suggesting someone do the exact same thing for you & that you'd pay them..  :ponder:  So is there a difference when someone's doing it for a few bux vs. $10?  Maybe he's more greedy, so stick it to him..  

I wish ebay would just delete the whole report button, too many wannabe police.  

Not that I condone what he's doing, but if it's not directly hurting anybody, what difference does it make?

From Ebay:

" Do not list unauthorized (such as pirated, duplicated, backup, bootleg, and so forth) copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs on eBay.

Examples

The following items may not be listed on eBay:

Pirated copies of video games

VHS or CD-R copies of television programs taped off of television

"Backup" or "archival" copies of software programs

Pirated copies of music

"Bootleg" recordings of live music performances

"Home video" versions of a movie still in theaters

Software loaded onto a computer hard drive that is not being sold with the original media (disks, manuals, etc.) "

I'm not asking someone here to sell me a movie, which is what this ebayer is doing. I'm asking someone to tape it and I'll pay the shipping and the cost of a BLANK tape. I don't see what part confuses you.

:ponder: :?

Well I put it on my watch list and contacted ebay. I wanna see if it gets pulled.

what are you the ebay police now?

:ponder:

or are you a Def Leppard roadie? lol

As grandpa Simpson would say "A little from column A, A little from column B" :D

Nope, this one just bugged me so I reported it.

wow...i wish i had as much idle time as you to worry about other peoples ebay auctions.

:D

You ever hit anyone with an egg? :ponder:

Sounds like a promo to me as the whole tape length is only a few mins - no one sells blank tapes with such a small time.

HUH?

The movie is 2 hours long and takes up the entire VHS tape - I taped it in SP, so the quality is excellent

AtariLeaf I'm not trying to start anything. You are perfectly within your right to report sellers any time you wish to, but I don't see the need. As I said above I don't see what the prob is as long as what's being sold isn't directly hurting anyone. (sure we can split hairs over the effects of selling boots & lack of retail releases on such things) This doesn't look like a serious bootlegger, this is actually the only auction he has up.. He may just had it on tape for personal use, decided to get rid of & thought he'd toss on ebay & see what happens. If no one bids next week that same tape might have the latest episode Survivor taped over, that might be better lol

Asking to pay shipping plus a couple bucks, sounds like the same thing to me. :? Just a difference of opinion I guess. Whether the tape cost $2 bucks or it's through ebay, after listing, FVFs, paypal, & his cost for a "blank tape" it could very well be around the same...

Boils down to morals & also how much is someone trying to 'get over' If it's listed for $50 bux, you'd say yeah he should be reported,,

If he had a BIN for $2, which is less than what some nicer blank tapes cost new, you'd have no problem taking of his hands. So a $8 opening bid on a copy of some tv show is wrong in your eyes, doesn't take in to account his time for taping or dupping, which is bad, umm yeah, but is really not a lot of money, & well within many ppls buying range, for something that is OOP or not yet released.

So it's wrong for him to be selling, but for all eight DL fans out there who are looking for a copy of this, maybe one of ya'll would be interested in his 'service' :|

Honestly it reminds me alot of when certain members of our little community offer up protos or repos, handmade for sale, games you could not purchase new back in the day, so that we can enjoy on a real Atari.. and then you see their auctions being reported to ebay, & members being NARU'ed because of it. :sad:

They may not have a legal right to stand on in what they offer, but if it doesn't effect your life in any way, what difference does it make?

Typically, I find that ebay turns a blind eye unless the copyright holder complains. I own the rights on a video that was a tour of locations in the various ViewAskew/Kevin Smith movies, and that got heavily bootlegged on ebay. They made me jump through hoops to prove I owned it, but once I did, whenever I reported a pirate copy being auctioned, they took it down within hours.