IGNORED

Atari 2600 games released at CGE

cvga

Does anyone know the titles of the 2600 games released this year at CGE? I couldn't make it this year but would like to see what I missed out on.

Thanks!

Packrat offered boxed versions of: Skeleton+, This Planet Sucks, Jammed, and Okie Dokie. IIRC, you can order the boxes separately, if you already own the game cart.

They also had boxed Backfire, that was first introduced at Midwest Classic.

CGE Services were demonstrating Targ, and I think Wings, though I don't remember seeing it.

And yes, NWCGE services had Coke Wins! with metallic label and a free Coke( 8 oz. ) I got me a copy! Too cool! :D

And yes, NWCGE services had Coke Wins! with metallic label and a free Coke( 8 oz. ) I got me a copy! Too cool!  

=============================

"Thats sweet, I'd love to have one"  

I'm not sure if we are going to make anymore. We are out of cart making supplies at the moment.

I do offer NTSC version of 7800 Klax with Foil labels now along with 7800 protos of Pit-Fighter (very unfinished prototype.. really for hardcore collectors only).

The foil labels and the clear case carts look cool though. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

We plan to have something maybe for Christmas or the next NWCGE meet.

IMG_3146.jpg

-Lee

See you there next year.

Packrat offered boxed versions of: Skeleton+' date=' This Planet Sucks, Jammed, and Okie Dokie. IIRC, you can order the boxes separately, if you already own the game cart.

/quote']

This may be a dumb question, but can someone PM me the site that you can order these boxes from? At work, I'm filtered at what I can view on the net, so I can't access many of the games sites. I can't even get into the AA store here. Just forems. :(

Phil

At the risk of getting into unpleasant politics...is the lack of games more to do with Las Vegas being a more popular spot, or is it because a lot of the new work is done thru AA which doesn't seem to like CGE very much?

I don't think the lack of game shas anything to do with CGE being in Sna Jose or the fact that AA doesn't want to attend.

Most definitely, CGE Services has some other games they may release. A couple come to mind.

It is too bad that AA didn't show up. On the other hand, I think PackRat did very well becuse they were the only homebrewer distributer there. As I understand they may have a few suprises in the future as a direct result of the show attendance.

Also, 4 Jays was there as was 2600.com. In fact Joe from 2600.com came over to the NWCGE booth to buy stuff off us for his bussiness. He asked why we sell things so cheaply. We shrugged our shoulders. We like to think that folks in the PacNW are a bit more "gamer friendly". Maybe are brains are soaked fomr the rain, we don't know any better :wink:

One of my complaints about the show this year was the lack of display for prototypes and new games in development for folks to try. DP and NWCGE had protos to play, but only at limited intervals and they weren't always up. I suggested that for next year we have a sperate area setup with nothing but protos and new games in development for folks to try out.

All in all, there were plenty of things to buy and sell. I personally enjoyed it, especially the keynote speakers. Wozniak was the best!

-Lee

You know, I saw the booth with coke wins but I didn't see any of those Pit Fighter carts...I probably woulda picked one up for the hell of it.

I know CGE services or whatever booth that was, was selling the games from the last CGE, but they still had a bunch left at the end of the show. Stonix was being sold at the DP booth, along with that intv tetris clone (in much smaller quantities), though that's not 2600, obviously.

• 3 months later...

@Godzilla

We finally have the boxes available to purchase online. Check out our main page for more information:

www.packratvg.com

We delayed their release because we wanted to experiment with a few other printing methods. We ended up going back to the method that we used for the boxes that we released at CGE. Finally these homebrews have the packaging that they deserve.

Best,

Jarett

We finally have the boxes available to purchase online.  Check out our main page for more information:

www.packratvg.com

The boxes look good.

The Okie Dokie box shows 1 video game but would the 30 puzzle variations count as 30 games? The games have the same principle but the different variations make for different puzzles. Sort of like Space Invaders has 112 different variations of the same game.

The Okie Dokie box shows 1 video game but would the 30 puzzle variations count as 30 games? The games have the same principle but the different variations make for different puzzles. Sort of like Space Invaders has 112 different variations of the same game.

Hm, IMO that's a bit too much creativity here. Or do you think Jammed has 600 games inside? ;)

Hm, IMO that's a bit too much creativity here. Or do you think Jammed has 600 games inside? ;)

Are there 600 variations or 600 puzzles? IIRC once you choose your game selection/variation it cycles through game boards for this selection as you complete them. If that's the case then I'd count each variation as a game. Again, I'm using Space Invaders as a reference here...same game but 112 game variations.

Saturn?  Was it a homebrew or an unreleased game?

Tempest

I believe the author of it told me it was a homebrew, "work in progress," unfinished game. Truthfully I bought it first thing that morning because supplies were so limited (he only had 20) and haven't done anything with it since, because at the time I didn't have an import enabler or other such device. I should check it out now.