IGNORED

Atari Flashback Unit

Trip_Cannon

but why include Sky Diver? Who cut their teeth on that one in the old days?

I did! I got it because I thought it would be like Time Pilot (don't ask why, I was 8). Although at firstI was disappointed, I eventually learned to really like it. It's alot of fun, especialyl when you just let them splat! :)

Tempest

Sky Diver may suck for us thirty-somethings.. but have you ever watched a pair of seven year olds play? They will play that game for hours and have a great ol' time. I think this Flashback thing is cool.

I still wish I could score a VCS playable version of Saboteur. Does anyone have confirmation of whether AA still sells this cart?

Wow! I'm kind of surprised. I can't see why do this unless (like someone else said) there will be additions available... Hate the 7800 sticks.

It's kind of funny that there was a thread in the 2600 section about this a week or two back. A lot of people were commenting (and I thought so too) that it was unlikely anything like this would happen. Go figure.

Can't decide if I'd get one or not.. I have everything but Planet Smashers ... Maybe I would for the novelty of it.

Sky Diver may suck for us thirty-somethings.. but have you ever watched a pair of seven year olds play? They will play that game for hours and have a great ol' time. I think this Flashback thing is cool.  

I still wish I could score a VCS playable version of Saboteur. Does anyone have confirmation of whether AA still sells this cart?

Precisely... if you are going to release a system for old school gamers and for newbie kids to cut their teeth, you need games from from simple to more complex, this way there is a little something for everyone.

Curt

I think we may see that this system is in some way upgradeable via a game slot or something.

I hope you're right but what makes you think so?

Well... its always possible this may be the first in a line of consoles perhaps and the next console "might" have a little plug in port on the back and "might" have a plug into adapter to plug you cartridges into the next console... "maybe" ;-)

Curt

Yeah way to screw it up! No cart slot = superdupergay! :x

I find your reference to a person's personal sexual preference as a derogatory word, and used in casual conversation insulting.

And, I'm quite sure Liquid_Sky feels very much the same way.

Please apologize to all of us immediately.

I think we may see that this system is in some way upgradeable via a game slot or something.
I hope you're right but what makes you think so?

Well... its always possible this may be the first in a line of consoles perhaps and the next console "might" have a little plug in port on the back and "might" have a plug into adapter to plug you cartridges into the next console... "maybe" ;-)

Curt

Well, I don't particularly "know", it's all just speculation, but to offer a system, at just under fifty bucks...

"Under Fifty bucks! Well isn't that nice!"

...Anyways like I was saying before I was rudely inturupted by the chorus,

The price is entirely too high to compete with the Jakks controllers, so that leads me to belive that they must either be:

On some form of drugs.

or

They are incredibly stupid.

or

They have some form of upgradeability.

Thats my flow of logic.

But it's all speculation, so who knows, maybe they are not the smartest people in the world

One of my best friends is "gay", if you are trying to say I'm a homophobe or something you are barking up the wrong tree.

Oh, in all actuality I have plenty of male friends with different personal sexual preferences than I do, but when ever I make the assumption that it's "okay" for me to make quasi-derogitory-yet-good-natured, I get slammed too.

So... All I'm doing is ensuring that we don't have any duality issues, or, hypocrites.

Also there seems to be people here who are extremely easily offended, so we want to protect them too.

And then lastly, I also want to change their opinion of me as apparently being a "homophobe" by basically doing the same thing that you did.

At that, it's very clear to see that we in-fact do not have a casual forum to post in, but we ultimately have a place where politically correctness rules and every form of casualness has been thrown out the window for scrutiny and flaming.

It truly sucks.

This device really isn't aimed at the classic gaming crowd, which is pretty small and Atari would never make their money back on us. It is aimed at Joe Consumer who remembers playing these Atari consoles back in the day.

I highly doubt young kids are going to have any interest in this at all when they've got Xbox, GameCube, Gameboy, and PS2.

Well, I don't particularly "know", it's all just speculation, but to offer a system, at just under fifty bucks...

"Under Fifty bucks! Well isn't that nice!"

...Anyways like I was saying before I was rudely inturupted by the chorus,  

The price is entirely too high to compete with the Jakks controllers, so that leads me to belive that they must either be:  

On some form of drugs.  

or  

They are incredibly stupid.

or  

They have some form of upgradeability.

Thats my flow of logic.

But it's all speculation, so who knows, maybe they are not the smartest people in the world

I think hardcore drug users would be offended by your negative portrayal and wording of "on some form of drugs" closely related to "incredibly stupid"...clearly expressed in a derogatory manner....I think you should apologize immediately :ponder:

Why would this get HH2 and C2 pulled? They were for the 5200, which I doubt is gonna get any revival love . . .

However, if the new Jag rumors are true . . . It would provide a supply of pads to be converted into Colecovision controllers, and that dental imaging company could make money selling the molds back, and maybe Minter would do Blaster2K5 . . . And that's about it . . .

Well...   its always possible this may be the first in a line of consoles perhaps and the next console "might" have a little plug in port on the back and "might" have a plug into adapter to plug you cartridges into the next console... "maybe" ;-)

So...uh...what are you trying to tell us? :)