IGNORED

Philly 6

Osmeroid

Am I the only one doubting that PC will happen at all? I miss my friends dearly and that was about the best part of PC last year. We spent so much less last year compared to the year before.

I really wish that instead of increasing the size they would have worked on the quality of vendors (granted no one can be as good as AA :wink: ), or made it affordable for a common person to get a table and sell stuff not just vendors. I also have a bad feeling prices are going to go up a lot again next time around if PC does happen. And I have a sad feeling that it will be more corporate companies and glossier presentations which while it may look nice will make it harder to find any good deals and make longer lines and more people crammed into the space.

I do hope that it does not end up in Philadelphia itself. Honestly I can't stand going to the city and what used to be a half hour drive takes an hour or more due to traffic and good luck finding parking when you get there.

Maybe I am just jaded from living around here and having to deal with the traffic and crappy commute all the time, but I am really starting to get bummed out about PC in general :sad: and am much more happier in a get together like in Connecticut - which was so much fun, where a few great people personally worked so hard and was in one of the most beautifully decorated houses I've seen in a long time.

Am I the only one doubting that PC will happen at all? I miss my friends dearly and that was about the best part of PC last year. We spent so much less last year compared to the year before.  

I really wish that instead of increasing the size they would have worked on the quality of vendors (granted no one can be as good as AA :wink: ), or made it affordable for a common person to get a table and sell stuff not just vendors. I also have a bad feeling prices are going to go up a lot again next time around if PC does happen. And I have a sad feeling that it will be more corporate companies and glossier presentations which while it may look nice will make it harder to find any good deals and make longer lines and more people crammed into the space.

I do hope that it does not end up in Philadelphia itself. Honestly I can't stand going to the city and what used to be a half hour drive takes an hour or more due to traffic and good luck finding parking when you get there.

Maybe I am just jaded from living around here and having to deal with the traffic and crappy commute all the time, but I am really starting to get bummed out about PC in general :sad: and am much more happier in a get together like in Connecticut - which was so much fun, where a few great people personally worked so hard and was in one of the most beautifully decorated houses I've seen in a long time.

I remember when it was less than a half hour drive from Chonchy to downtown philly. :sad: Im long gone now, and so is the short trip to the city. Still my favorite city though. :D

My big problem is that we won't be able to make the fall time slot. We were looking forward to the spring show this year. :x

I will be set up with a few tables of video game goodness at philly like last year. I rocked that show last year with tons of good stuff for everyone. However with it being the last show of the year i might not have much left. I have a few tables at the Ok show in June and thats my first showing this year. Lots of my good stuff will show up there i might start to sell my personal loose collection of Atari and coleco at OK 8)

I can't wait for PC6.  The arcade section at PC5 was great.

Agreed, although I didn't get to spend much time playing the games as I was busy manning the AtariAge booth most of the time. Fortunately I've been to a few arcade/pinball expos here in Texas since then, where I've had the opportunity to enjoy some rare games. Unfortunately, shows of this nature are becoming the only way to enjoy working arcade games and pinball machines. I'm really hoping to get to a California Extreme show some year.. :)

..Al

I can't wait for PC6.  The arcade section at PC5 was great.

Agreed, although I didn't get to spend much time playing the games as I was busy manning the AtariAge booth most of the time. Fortunately I've been to a few arcade/pinball expos here in Texas since then, where I've had the opportunity to enjoy some rare games. Unfortunately, shows of this nature are becoming the only way to enjoy working arcade games and pinball machines. I'm really hoping to get to a California Extreme show some year.. :)

..Al

WAAA...WAAA...WAAA!

Never heard more crying or excuses in my life!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm thinking about doing another sometime soon. :D

I'm hoping to attend PC6, but if it's Columbus Day weekend, count me out. Me and the wife will be in Nantucket that weekend.

I have an extra I'd be willing to part with.  What are you offering in return? :ponder:

WoW...an extra...How'd you manage that? 8) It wouldn't happen to be a Sunnyvale sixer? :ponder:

T :D

The extra's a vader. I already posted a picture of that one here a while back. The one I'm keeping is the Sunnyvale 6er. 8)

The extra's a vader.  I already posted a picture of that one here a while back.  The one I'm keeping is the Sunnyvale 6er. 8)

Nice...I'd like to get one of my SV's signed! Maybe I'll tug one along with me...in hopes he might be there? :ponder:

;)

I actually expect to make this one as well.  As we get closer, maybe we could get a list together of who is going from here and all grab some dinner...  An AA dinner! :)

Sounds like a good idea, maybe I'll be able to attend this time? :)

..Al

I refuse to believe this! :P

The AA dinner last year was a little too big. It was great getting 25 people together but we had to wait an hour just to get a table at Chili's. They put it all on one check too.

Guess who had to count the money and settle the bill? All I can say is that I'm not currently an accountant, so someone else can do it this year.

I think getting together is smaller groups for dinner is much better. We just have so many AA members that show up at Philly. It's not like we can all talk to each other at once. I had to try to follow Cafeman's conversation on my left and Curt Vendel's on my right. Both were very interesting but I could barely keep up with each of them. I'm sure I missed some good stuff.

We could all still go to the same restaurant, if we wanted.

The AA dinner last year was a little too big.  It was great getting 25 people together but we had to wait an hour just to get a table at Chili's.  They put it all on one check too.

Guess who had to count the money and settle the bill?  All I can say is that I'm not currently an accountant, so someone else can do it this year.

I think getting together is smaller groups for dinner is much better.  We just have so many AA members that show up at Philly.  It's not like we can all talk to each other at once.  I had to try to follow Cafeman's conversation on my left and Curt Vendel's on my right.  Both were very interesting but I could barely keep up with each of them.  I'm sure I missed some good stuff.

We could all still go to the same restaurant, if we wanted.

Why not simplify it even further and establish a time and place to meet for drinks as the date draws closer? Then everyone'd be responsible for themselves to settle up when they were done and it's be a lot easier to socialize since everyone wouldn't be seated at a gigantic table. Large dinners are never fun because you're limited to conversing with the people immediately around you.

I actually expect to make this one as well.  As we get closer, maybe we could get a list together of who is going from here and all grab some dinner...  An AA dinner! :)

..Al

As I attend more shows, I get better at getting things done in advance. The less I am rushing (uhrr, panicking) the day before the show, the more sleep I'll get that night and the less tired (uhrr, exhausted) I'll be when the show closes on Saturday. At AGE in 2003 I literally only got 30 minutes of sleep the day of the show (and I was grumpy by the time midnight rolled around and we finally finished emptying out the room). At PC5 last year, it was a little better, but not by much--I think I only got an hour or two of sleep, and I was beat by the time the doors closed on Saturday.

..Al

..Al

As I attend more shows, I get better at getting things done in advance. The less I am rushing (uhrr, panicking) the day before the show, the more sleep I'll get that night and the less tired (uhrr, exhausted) I'll be when the show closes on Saturday. At AGE in 2003 I literally only got 30 minutes of sleep the day of the show (and I was grumpy by the time midnight rolled around and we finally finished emptying out the room). At PC5 last year, it was a little better, but not by much--I think I only got an hour or two of sleep, and I was beat by the time the doors closed on Saturday.

..Al

For one reason, or another, I believe you'll be a lot more relaxed this time. :ponder: ;)