IGNORED

Interview on TechTV ScreenSavers Friday

Paul Slocum

Just watched the segment. I'm also recording the show onto my laptop. I'm using mpeg right now, so it'll be pretty big...maybe I'll compress it. :)

And here Paul is...talking away...and he still managed to plug atariage.com. Be prepared Al. Usually when a website gets mentioned on that show, it gets hammered!

Cap

Which one do you use? I have a couple on the server upstairs...they're free I think. Only problem is, I'm never able to compress it far enough to where it's a managable file without losing a TON of clarity. I understand, you're going to lose some, but I always seem to go too far. :)

Cap

Okay,

Here's what I have:

1) Full show. Mpeg 2. Pretty darned good quality, but filesize is 2.6 Gig. There's no way I could upload that to everyone unless we used bittorrent.

2) I extracted just Paul's segment and converted it to Divx. The quality obviously isn't as good as the others, but definetely watchable. The filesize is about 38.6 meg.

Rather then send it to everyone and get bombarded by multiple requests, I'd like to see if we can use option 2 from above but with the bittorrent. I think someone had a tracker that we all used for the Atari Roadshow files.

Cap

I'll be on ScreenSavers tomorrow (Friday Sept 10) talking about some of my Atari 2600 projects, my band, and showing some designs I drew up for Atari 2600 games when I was in elementary school.  :)  I believe the show is at 4PST.

-paul

Whatever happened to your appearance on g4tv.com?

I remember one of the staffers mentioning them trying to get you for it, but I guess that fell through or something.

I would say it would be even easier for everyone to try to watch the next air date: 9/13/2004 12pm ET / 9am PT

Not for me. I don't get cable. (And there are others who aren't even in the USA.)

I vote for the 10 meg version. If someone with a copy wants to PM me about it, I could even put it on bit torrent. Just create a .torrent file with the tracker address I give you and send that to me. Then share your copy out.

I have to say personally to Paul Slocum I was totally blown away by your games. The Homestar Runner RPG is simply amazing. I even downloaded the rom from your site and then played it, I was even more amazed if that is possible. Maze Craze what can I say, if I could give you a standing ovation I would. You are simply the BEST programmer of games for the 2600 EVER!