IGNORED

tetris for gameboy

Osbo

I was playing the old school tetris while I was sitting in the thinking seat, and I scored around 100.000 and after I lost the game, there was a screen never saw before, a rocket launch :) and that was it.

Gus

Actually if you do even better.. it turns into the Space Shuttle. It's easy to see this screen though. Just play Game B, at Level 9, and the highest height (I think it's 5?). Then all you need to do is clear 25 lines and voila! :)

Meh, were it not for physical limitations, I could play Tetris for a day straight without bombing out. Problem is, after the game stops speeding up, you get fewer and fewer 4-longs, and to someone like me who tries for ALL TETRIS line clearing, it's a death sentence.

Yeah, Tetris for GB on ebay is like $10/$15. Maybe I'll be able to find one in a real store on the dirt cheap. =_=

• 4 months later...
Too bad GB Tetris costs so damn much on ebay... Now I have the name entry music stuck in my head.

:? WTF why does Tetris cost so much it was packed in with every original Game Boy.

Not really. I got a system-only GB package with no game.

Same gray brick, just without a cart.

Unless by original you mean the first release. I know bare systems weren't available at launch, though I don't recall when they becamse available.

If you get above 200,000 you don't get a rocket.  You get a UFO.  At least I think the cap level is 200,000.

Figured that out about a couple of years ago.   :D

Huh? You sure? Are you talking about the original Gameboy B&W Tetris? Man I'm sure I got over 200k several several times but I can't be sure since it's been years. If this is true I'll eat my hat :D

If you get above 200,000 you don't get a rocket.  You get a UFO.  At least I think the cap level is 200,000.

Figured that out about a couple of years ago.   :D

Huh? You sure? Are you talking about the original Gameboy B&W Tetris? Man I'm sure I got over 200k several several times but I can't be sure since it's been years. If this is true I'll eat my hat :D

:lolblue: That's okay. I'll eat that hat. Just double-checked the subject of this thread. I thought it was about the NES version of the game. Not the GB version.

My bad! :dunce:

I got a few copys of Tetris. And your right, it wasn't packed in with all gameboy's.

I got my first gameboy in 89, with Tetris packed in. But I got a second gameboy in 93...I think, and that one had Zelda as a pack in. I loved that game.

Then there was SuperGameBoy, it came alone, and the one I got had the big guide thingy and DonkeyKong 94 packed in.

The GameBoy Pocket didn't have anything, and none have since then I don't think.