IGNORED

Favorite Atari commercial.

King Atari

Everybody post their favorite Atari TV ad here. My favs: the E.T. Holiday comercial (who wouldn't want a copy after seeing that one?) and the 2600 jr. ad from 1986 ("The fun is back, of yessiree, with the 2600 from Ataree"). It's laughable how they attempted to compete with Nintendo with that spot.

My second favorite was the 3D Yars Revenge and I got it off that history site. I only wished they had a better quality of it.

My #1 favorite (probably #1 only because I hadn't seen it in 15 years) is of the Reactor for 2600 by P.B. I remembered 2 kids playing the game when one got suched into the TV and played inside the game field.

Anyone got that reactor ad or a better quality Yars Revenge ad?

Oddly enough, I liked the 8-bit Atari commercials with Alan Alda. I guess I just like him as an actor, and seeing such a respected actor praising Atari was kinda cool.

However, for VCS/console ads, I'd have to say that I liked the full length Yar's Revenge ad. Very avante garde for its time.

Incidentally, I've got a pile of ads online for anyone who's interested.

Mindfield's Emulation FTP

They're located in the /nostalgia/ dir. EVeryone (that I've been able to find) is represented here, but of course there are more Atari ads, radio and television, than anything else. Enjoy...

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Mindfield ]

I remember the TV ad for Worm War I . The thing I remember most about it was they hardly showed the game at all!!! Just a bunch of people running scared with explosions going on...And then a quick flash of the game screen almost strobe like it was so quick.

Sorry about the access problems to the site. I should have mentioned that if you are unable to get in the first time, or if you connect and disconnect, you must wait 30 seconds before attempting to connect again or the server will place a temporary (60 minute) ban on your IP. It's a safeguard to prevent against hammering (repeated attempts at accessing the site which can result in slowing down other people's connections)

Anyway, the site's always up so if you find you get a server ban, wait an hour and connect again. It'll let you back in.

As for Yar's Revenge -- that particular capture was courtest of The Roach. He provided me with a whack of great high quality Jag commercials, as well as that Yar's Revenge theatre ad and the full-length (but low quality) version of the Jaguar infomercial "The Cave." The rest of the stuff on my site was culled from numerous sources (including The Commercial Archive, AHS, and any others I could find)

Oh come on now!

Doesn't anyone remember the Mario Bros ad?

It was sung to the tune of Car 54 Where Are You? (the old TV show)

It goes a little something like this....

Somethings gumming up the plumbing

poor Luigi's in a bind

Fighter flies, holy cripes!

They're all gumming up the pipes!

MAAAAAAAAAAARIO WHERE ARE YOU?????

It was live action too, and very cool

Also, the live action Spiderman commercial was sweet as well.

Ah that ET commercial is lovely!! I don't know what UK commercials were like - most likely - "Good evening, please purchase PacMan for your Atari televisual home contraption. God save the queen. Thankyou"

Top award must go to the Yars revenge ad. I'm just trying to picture a serious session singer wording " attack the shield of the Kotile's base" hahahahahahahhaahahhaa