IGNORED

Dragster times

liveinabin

I've just got really into Dragster tonight.

After a fair bit of practice I've got my time down to 5.71 (which would earn me a badge and, I was amazed to see, beat Activisions house score in the manual).

Just wondering, what kind of times are you guys pulling down nowadays?

(Certainly better than mine - I'm not known for being good at games )

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

I wonder if the Atari 2600 time-keeping circuitry is all that consistant from machine to machine. Maybe a 5.51 sec Drag Racing time on one machine would have registered 5.81 sec if it had been played on another.

Ben

The Atari doesn't have any time keeping circuitry of its own, it uses the TV signal, which is very precise.

really? cool - that means I am awesome. i'm going to make a kind of 'king of dragster' crown for myself out of milk cartons, and parade up and down the high street in that and my underwear.

They'll be sorry they mocked me...ME!! How they laughed...but it is I who is laughing...HAHhahahHAHAAAAAAAA

trick is to hold the stick left and redline in 1st on the countdown, then redline all the way, tapping left to wheelie into 3/4 redline when you're up in 4th. Either you're engine explodes or you get a great time