IGNORED

How would you improve the following games...

Klove

Fellas,

Here's a request fer' ya. Maybe a great opportunity to get some of your guys' ideas implemented into some of your old favorites. "Let's see."

How would you make the following games better? That is, besides updated graphics.

Barnstorming

Grand Prix

Kaboom!

Chopper Command

Keystone Kapers .. and

Pressure Cooker

EXAMPLE: One idea I have for Barnstorming is this...

A new obstacle, would be that your Bi-Plane fly's past new backgrounds. One of them being a County Fair w/ 2 posts, holding a COUNTY FAIR banner between them. One of the obstacles the user can fly through, would be.. say... some "Fire Rings". The rings obviously being in the foreground.

Another obstacle might be some Hot Air Balloons getting ready to take off. "Ala Scramble, but with no bullets or bombs."

Anyway, that's just a couple I came up with. "Your turn now."

Barnstorming

Grand Prix

Kaboom!

Chopper Command

Keystone Kapers .. and

Pressure Cooker

Thanks Ya'll.

To quote H.R. Puff 'n' Stuff.. "Keep those cards 'n' letters comin!"

Pressure Cooker is perfect. Don't touch it :D

Kaboom:

Different items could drop that did different things ala Arkanoid.

1. Bonus point items

2. a mega bomb that destroys all of the other bombs(basically a level advance)

3. a thing to make the buckets smaller/bigger for that level

4. A special item that makes the bombs disappear except for the fuse

5. 2nd level vs the Mad Bomber. Make a Boss stage where you have to catch the bomb and then throw it back at the MB before it blows up. 5 Hits and you beat him to advance.

I'm sure other folks could think of special drop items

Chopper Command add-ons besides the obvious background enhancements:

1. Fire power enhancemant power ups

2. The occaisonal soldier on foot to pick up for bonus points

3. Maybe a second mission based on picking up soldiers and transporting them somewhere else. Sort of a tie to Cosmic Commuter although that might be a little too Choplifter-ish :D

Kaboom: 2nd player controllable Mad Bomber

Barnstorming: realistic plane physics which includes...

- ability to shut off motor

- variable motor speed

- rotating sprite (for pitch adjust visual)

- wind sock at the bottom of the screen

- fuel gauge/ability to land and refuel (may be a stretch but it'd be cool :))

Pressure Cooker: near perfect as it is but maybe...

- a bonus stage where you have to assemble dessert (e.g. catch falling scoops of ice cream or something).

Chopper Command: different difficulty advancement

- give the enemy planes/'copters more height variation in lieu of just making them get faster and faster.

Keystone Kapers: make the bad guy more evasive

- instead of making him head straight to the roof, have him hide behind merchandise or take an elevator down every once in a while to throw you off the scent. His goal is still to make it to the roof, he'll just be more clever about it.

- Jason

Fellas,

Here's a request fer' ya. Maybe a great opportunity to get some of your guys' ideas implemented into some of your old favorites. "Let's see."

How would you make the following games better? That is, besides updated graphics.

Barnstorming

Grand Prix

Kaboom!                              

Chopper Command

Keystone Kapers                         .. and

Pressure Cooker

EXAMPLE: One idea I have for Barnstorming is this...  

A new obstacle, would be that your Bi-Plane fly's past new backgrounds. One of them being a County Fair w/ 2 posts, holding a COUNTY FAIR banner between them. One of the obstacles the user can fly through, would be.. say... some "Fire Rings". The rings obviously being in the foreground.

Another obstacle might be some Hot Air Balloons getting ready to take off. "Ala Scramble, but with no bullets or bombs."

Anyway, that's just a couple I came up with. "Your turn now."

Barnstorming

Grand Prix

Kaboom!                              

Chopper Command

Keystone Kapers                         .. and

Pressure Cooker

Thanks Ya'll.

To quote H.R. Puff 'n' Stuff.. "Keep those cards 'n' letters comin!"

Ahhh, recruiting unpaid game designers again, pure genius. :D

Fellas,

Barnstorming

I like your ideas for different obstacles. . . And if there are going to be barns and windmills, where are the cows? :)

Grand Prix

Fix it to where you don't have as many rolling roadblocks with cars going slower than you in all lanes at once. . .

Kaboom!

Can't improve on perfection . . . Well, except for adding the music from the 8-bit version . . .

Chopper Command

Faster shooting, and less bland backgrounds.

Keystone Kapers

Don't improve the original, get your hands on the sequel! :) Does Dan Kitchen need a kidney? I could spare one for the chance to play KK2.

.. and

Pressure Cooker

Make bouncing things back just a little easier.

Or turn Short Order Sam into a blonde, make the burger shop into the M&M factory, and not only do you have to put the right M&M's in the bag, but you have to throw back the W's, too. :) Oh, wait, I'm already working on that in Game Maker. . . Never mind. :)

Bah...contracts. What he's referring to is suggestions to make existing games better (as many people do), and last I checked "ideas" are not property.

Bottomless Pitfall is theirs to use anyway that they want if they want. If it means that more people can enjoy the game...that's all that matters.

Shooting the geese in Barnstorming is a pretty good idea (though there is probably some limitations to animating it), as are the cows...maybe even include a seperate counter to how many farm animals can be wiped out by the end of the course :twisted:

I like the suggestion of making the crook smarter in Keystone Kapers. And background music/2nd player control for Kaboom!