IGNORED

Games you wish had a 1-player option...

Damon Plus

I'm sure there are a few others, but Super Challenge Football by M Network is at the top of my list. I'd love to have a one player option because that game is go great even today. I love how you program your players and all of the rest. It's also not exactly like real football which is fine with me. I like what they did with the game, it just needs a one player option and it would be perfect.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=530

I'm sure there are a few others, but Super Challenge Football by M Network is at the top of my list. I'd love to have a one player option because that game is go great even today. I love how you program your players and all of the rest. It's also not exactly like real football which is fine with me. I like what they did with the game, it just needs a one player option and it would be perfect.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=530

I would agree with that and also add in Super Challenge Baseball as well.

Cap

Tank AI is not on the development page anymore. What happened? Anyone got a .bin?

I ran a quick search on google and found the download on the Digital Press Atari 2600 Hacks page listed as Combat (with Tank AI). It has probably been removed from Atariage because it has been quite a while since there has been an update. However,

Tank AI is dormant, but not extinct.

:wink:

If some programmer reads this thread, please think about fixing Super Challenge Football so that we can have a one player option.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=530

I'd like to do more than wish. You can make it reality.

i say space war :D. the game's pretty crap, but i always loved it.

Well .. 2600 Space War really isn't crap .. It is just made to play faster (read thrust, turn and shoot) than the original PDP computer version. Thomas Jentzsch's explorations into the code for making the recent hack makes us think that the programmer at Atari probably had a much more intense version in the works and probably watered it down for manufacture.

Plus there's the one player shuttle docking game. In the early days I would select the higher difficulty and see how slow I could approach the docking dot.

Now the Vectrex version of Space War (even more of a thrust, turn and shoot game) has a one player version against the computer. The AI isn't bad .. but you can lose to it!

Check out the new PDP Spacewar hack!

I hope Zach finishes Combat AI!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Combat! Sky Diver!

You can play Sky Diver alone and go for the highest score. 99 is the max and it is not easy. I've done it twice. The wind makes it difficult on certain placements of the landing pad near the edge of the screen. It's very difficult to get a perfect 11 on all 10 of 10 jumps.