IGNORED

New Atari FlashBack System

SamHain

So What's The verdict is this going cool???or is it going to suck like it sucks that old man down at the corner store who keeps wiping out my high score on the frogger machine...every week i get higher and higher and think yes yes this week it stays i am the lord and master of this game and then pooof its gone that old bastard i swear its all he does all day...oh what wait a min where am I? oh ya sorry i was rambling..so ya this new 7800 flashback system 20 bulit in games 5 of them 7800 titles 50 bucks cnd I do long to play food fight again...what does everyone think? :?:

Don't need it.

If it had a cartridge slot and Atarfogrames rekindled development for the 2600 and 7800 and perhaps encouraged the homebrewers here monetarily to support the thing we could have new old-school. That would be good. I would buy one. We could have "official" Atari-branded versions of the homebrews we all know and love and the homebrewers might actually be making some money off it.

- Jason

I may get it to destroy one

Are you going to stream that video? If not I call rights to that special, he'll we'd even chip in a buck or two.

Actually, come to think of it if people are dumb and creative enough we should get a contest going for the most unique flashback killing caught on tape.

We would both (z28 and myself) chip in a few non combat/pac man/donkey kong carts for a prize if enough people signed up. :twisted:

Are you going to stream that video? If not I call rights to that special, he'll we'd even chip in a buck or two.

Actually, come to think of it if people are dumb and creative enough we should get a contest going for the most unique flashback killing caught on tape.

We would both (z28 and myself) chip in a few non combat/pac man/donkey kong carts for a prize if enough people signed up. :twisted:

:evil: :thumbsup:

Actually, come to think of it if people are dumb and creative enough we should get a contest going for the most unique flashback killing caught on tape...

Or something even more useful: See how quickly the creative minds that be, who have no fear of the welding iron, can develop a custom-made cartridge input device for the system. Since Atafrogames didn't deliver on that front. :P

Well if I could afford the $40.00 I'd destroy it with my robot. :P I'll make a look alike out of cheap wood and plastic and shred it.

I'd imagine I'll get one for the sake of having some of the better games put together with the direct video output of the device.

Also, on the assumption that the Flashback is closer to real 7800-compatible hardware, I'd love to have one when/if someone comes up with a hardware hack to make it take cartridges or .BIN collections on media cards Cuttle-Cart-2 style.

I'd imagine I'll get one for the sake of having some of the better games put together with the direct video output of the device.

Also, on the assumption that the Flashback is closer to real 7800-compatible hardware, I'd love to have one when/if someone comes up with a hardware hack to make it take cartridges or .BIN collections on media cards Cuttle-Cart-2 style.

Considering the pics I saw in the other forum it doesn't look like it would even be worth making a cart hack for it. It also looks like it would be too small to serve much of a purpose since it looked not much bigger then a cd. :woozy: :???:

Or something even more useful:  See how quickly the creative minds that be, who have no fear of the welding iron, can develop a custom-made cartridge input device for the system.  Since Atafrogames didn't deliver on that front.   :P

I'll save you some time and tell you that this will not work, since it's not actual 2600 / 7800 hardware under the hood. Until someone releases a system that actually mimics the original hardware, adding a cartridge port is not a viable option.

..Al

I'll save you some time and tell you that this will not work, since it's not actual 2600 / 7800 hardware under the hood.  Until someone releases a system that actually mimics the original hardware, adding a cartridge port is not a viable option.  

..Al

In light of recent posts, true... very very true. Still have to admit it's a darn shame, really.

Oh well... there's always the real deal. :D