IGNORED

Realsports Baseball....as if.

StanJr

While I'm very glad to have this cart in my collection, has anybody played this thing?

Are they nuts?

My first game out I beat the AI 36-7.

My first 13 pts came by the 2nd inning (I was just getting the hang of it.) By 25 pts I came to the conclusion that I would ban the hitting of home runs entirely and only score off base hits. By 35 pts I called off hitting ANYTHING besides bunts, AND I STILL SCORED A RUN in the bottom of the 9th (don't ask why the computer allowed the bottom of the 9th to even happen). This is the sloppiest sports game out there. I sure hope the 2 player version is better.... Sheesh.

Super Challenge Baseball is still the best (but I've never played Pete Rose...)

Stan Musial (ha!)

The worst baseball game of all time is Major league Baseball for the NES. I average around 90 runs a game. I give up an average of 1 hit per game. I could beat this game with my eyes closed and playing with my feet. By the way I hear Realsports baseball for the 5200 is very good you should check that out.

I bought a copy of Captain Silver for the Sega Master System which turned out to be a mislabelled copy of American Baseball (Or more likely, someone opened the carts and switched the boards). I've never had the patience to actually finish a whole game of any of the baseball games out there though... I can't stand the sport.

--Zero... getting ready for flames

No Flames from me Zero (i cant handle watching a season of baseball, but the playoff's are different) , the only Baseball games i could handle playing was Genesis- Tommy Lasordas baseball

and NES - Baseball stars and the Bases Loaded series

And 2600 M-networks Super Challenge Baseball (with friends)

I love sports mostly football and baseball. I just can't stand alot of baseball games though. There either way to easy ala Major league baseball or the computer makes all these amazing comebacks everytime ala Allstar baseball games for N64. Pitching is not very well done in most baseball games also. It's too easy to pinpoint pitches.

I've never been a fan of sport titles myself. On the Atari I played M-Networks football with my dad alot. That was pretty good. Also one other Baseball game I played on the NES or Super NES???. I cant remember the name. You had all the teams but their names were changed. Like the Atlanta Braves..Were the Atlanta Amebas!!! The game itself wasn't a funny or cartoony game though it was pretty fun playing 2 players with my brother. The beer we were drinking might have helped tho!

I've never been able to play any Baseball game on the 2600. Try RS Baseball for the 5200, it's one of my favortie games. For some reason the 7800 version was actually worse!

As for the 2600 version, try Super Baseball. It's exactly the same game with a few graphic changes and major bug fixes. That should help your AI problem.

Tempest