IGNORED

what are the top 10 games for the 2600

Walter_J-64

sure... lets see (not countin homebrew,)

8. reactor

I considered putting Reactor in my top 10. Great to see someone else enjoying this underrated gem.

I really like Reactor. I may even say I love Reactor.

People really should read the instructions on that one, it improves your Reactor experience and gives you a better understanding. Although I liked it even not reading the manual.

8. Reactor (what is going on?)

6. Mouse Trap ( it hurts my eyes)

Reactor is a very good game. What makes you not like it?

Mouse Trap just doesn't cut it on the 2600. Many times I wanted to open/close doors and I turned into a dog instead. Once you fire it up on the ColecoVision there is just no going back to the 2600 version.

Mouse Trap may work well on the 5200, however.

Mouse Trap... eah..! I don't like that game, I keep trying and it hasn't taken off yet.

Wow, how do I pick 10??? It would be easier to go through my collection and pick out games I DON'T like. Many of my favorites have already been listed, but here are a few I haven't seen mentioned.

In alphabetical order, not order of preference:

California Games (probably my all time favorite 2600 game)

Commando

Crossbow

Double Dragon (it's only hard if you haven't mastered the elbow smash)

Ghostbusters

Gyruss

Jungle Hunt

Private Eye

Realsports Volleyball

Secret Quest (unfortunately, this one was stolen from me at JagFest '98) :x

Darn it... that's 10 already!

edit: I can't resist. Here are a few more favorites that haven't been mentioned:

Battlezone

Bowling

Double Dunk

Joust

Pengo

River Raid II

Road Runner

Starmaster

Super Football

...and I could keep going.

Oops, so Ghostbusters and Road Runner have been mentioned... just not in anybody's "list".

Edited by KevinMos3

Here's a rough top ten list, I picked games that I really like and play the most. Not by the quality of them.

1.E.T.

2.Reactor

3.Centipede

4.Fantastic Voyage

5.Yar's Revenge

6.Porky's

7.Ms.Pac-man

8.Zaxxon

9.Othello

10.Krull

11.Asteroids/Stargate/Venture etc...

Frogger probably would have made it, but I wore it out years ago. Don't play it much now.

Here's a rough top ten list, I picked games that I really like and play the most. Not by the quality of them.

2.Reactor

Hey more love for Reactor!

Yes sir. This is one of those games, I had a good feeling about after buying it,

I even looked at VGC website when he first reviewed Reactor, it had a rating of 'B.'

Then sometime later it fell to a disasterous F. I even emailed Dave twice asking if he could

try it again, he did! but once again he failed to give the game the credit it deserves.

ANOTHER F.. common' now, I'd say even if you find Reactor very flawed or unfun

it shouldn't go lower then C or D. 'F' to me, is for games that fail in every sense.

Like slot machine or space jockey.

• 1 month later...

Yes sir. This is one of those games, I had a good feeling about after buying it,

I even looked at VGC website when he first reviewed Reactor, it had a rating of 'B.'

Then sometime later it fell to a disasterous F. I even emailed Dave twice asking if he could

try it again, he did! but once again he failed to give the game the credit it deserves.

ANOTHER F.. common' now, I'd say even if you find Reactor very flawed or unfun

it shouldn't go lower then C or D. 'F' to me, is for games that fail in every sense.

Like slot machine or space jockey.

I felt let down with Reactor, I liked the arcade version a LOT, and it's music called people over to watch. And I have a roller controller and it just doesn't cut it on reactor, like the arcade one. It is a good game, but mainly I was upset that it almost mocked the arcade version, not mimicked it.