8.E.T.

7.Swordquest: Earthworld

6.Frogger II

5.Double Dragon

4.M*A*S*H

3.Mario Bros.

2.Dark Chambers

1.Xenophobe

I know some people think some of those are pretty bad, but hey, it's MY top ten list, they're the games I like!

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

70's,

Believe it or not, I'm actually beginning to understand E.T., all I've got to do now is find the "phone home" signal, and I can say I've beaten the game (unless I have before and have forgotten about it).

What I like about E.T. is they move the objects around from game to game. This adds to the playablity, and keeps it interesting because you never know where it will be next

Instead of posting my own top ten list (which seems to change on an almost daily basis anyways), I think I'll comment on some of your choices instead:

> 10.Superman

> 2.Dark Chambers

> 1.Xenophobe

Excellent choices! All three of these are superb games in almost all respects. I'd also say that Superman has pretty damn good graphics considering how early a game it was (Xenophobe and Dark Chambers have an advantage since they were released so late).

> 4.M*A*S*H

I actually enjoy MASH quite a bit. It's definitely not the best game out there (I probably wouldn't even rate it a 4), but it's really very fun. I like the idea of competing against the computer at the same task.

> 9.Crossbow

> 6.Frogger II

> 5.Double Dragon

> 3.Mario Bros.

To be honest, I haven't really played enough of these games to give much of an opinion on them. Crossbow I could never seem to figure out (I should really read the manual one of these days, it looks like a decent game at least). Frogger II was a game I never liked much on the C-64, and haven't given it a fair chance since, same goes with Mario Bros (Though I still plan on buying it when I can find it). As for Double Dragon, I got turned off by the steep learning curve, and never really went back. I'd assume that it'd probably be a lot more fun if you actually learn how to play it properly like you did.

> 7.Swordquest: Earthworld

> 8.E.T.

Okay, so everyone else here will tell you that these games suck... but they're really not that bad. E.T. is actually a decent amount of fun if you give it a chance and figure out how to play it properly without falling into pits ever 2 seconds. Swordquest would be a much better game if I actually had the comics, but I haven't really made the effort to find them yet. When I did play it (without the comics), I thought that it was actually pretty neat, even though I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing.

Some notable omissions: Solaris, Enduro, Pitfall 2, Secret Quest (If you like Dark Chambers, you might like Secret Quest too), and Stargate

--Zero

Zero,

Wow, I didn't think anyone would give that much thought to my list, but again, wow. So, I'll comment on your comments. First off, I agree with you totally on "Superman", it was a 1st generation game, but the graphics were very good, not to mention it's just plain fun. Also, with regards to my other posts, I think everyone knows how much I love "Xenophobe", not to mention "Dark Chambers". As for "M*A*S*H", the main reason it's really up there is because it's my favorite sitcom (although "The Drew Carey Show" comes close, what with me living near Cleveland and all.), but it is pretty addicting, the operation scenes can get difficult, though. As for, 9,6,5,and 3, I just find them all really addictive, "Mario Bros" is probably the most addictive of the bunch. And for "E.T." and "Swordquest", there more of a nostalgia thing, although I do genuinly like them. As for the games you list, I like all of them, and I think "Secret Quest" could have been ported to the NES without too much difficulty, seriously.

Ataripitbull,

Same here, that's why I updated it, it will probably change again, though.

I'm pleased to announce a revision to my top ten list: "Double Dunk" has just knocked "Crossbow". I still like "Crossbow", but there's something about "Double Dunk" that qualitfies it, the music, graphics, menu, everything. So now my list reads:

10.Superman

9.Double Dunk

8.E.T.

7.Swordquest Earthworld

6.Frogger II

5.Double Dragon

4.M*A*S*H

3.Mario Bros.

2.Dark Chambers

1.Xenophobe

See, I told you it'd change, but you didn't believe me, did you?