14:Star Master

15:Journey to Space

16:Decathlon

17:Venture

18:Combat/Air Sea

19:Frogger

20:DK/DKJR

Hard to leave some others i really like out :|

Easy enough to tally votes, the thread isn't THAT long, just give em a point value of 1 to 10 based on user ranking, and start adding. Or do you guys have some other method I should use... I'm open to doing it the way you guys do it.

*EDIT*. Just read the initial post again and realized that IS how you do it... I'll get started...

Edited by Torr

I'm trying, but each time I catch up to one of your updates, my totals/rankings doesn't match yours... i don't get it... theoretically I should be able to just start adding new totals from your most recent update, but even the math between the updates doesn't work for me... people editing their posts/top tens AFTER thve been factored into the rankings maybe? In which case we'll never be able to keep up this list...

I'm trying, but each time I catch up to one of your updates, my totals/rankings doesn't match yours... i don't get it... theoretically I should be able to just start adding new totals from your most recent update, but even the math between the updates doesn't work for me... people editing their posts/top tens AFTER thve been factored into the rankings maybe? In which case we'll never be able to keep up this list...

I counted the votes as they were posted. I might have been wrong in some points, but not so much that it would make the list very different. I think people editing its list is the most logical explanation. Ignore my updates, and continue with yours.

1.) Fast Food

2.) Warlords

3.) Centipede

4.) Ms. Pac-Man

5.) Haunted House

6.) Super Breakout

7.) Yars Revenge

8.) Adventure

9.) Berzerk

10.) Pitfall

This actually was really hard to do! There are just so many great games for the 2600! How come there are no hacks? We need the top ten hacks as there are some really well put together ones like Venture II, Wolfenstein, and Donkey Kong Escapes!

My choices:

1.) Enduro

2.) Keystone Kapers

3.) River Raid

4.) Megamania

5.) Pac-Man

6.) Dragonstomper

7.) H.E.R.O.

8.) Boxing

9.) Battlezone

10.) Fishing Derby

11.) Pitfall

12.) Dark Chambers

13.) Secret Quest

14.) Skeleton+

15.) Dungeon

EDIT: Fixed the 8) problem and added 5 more games to the list. :)

Edited by Thiago Simões

• 1 month later...

In order here are my favorite 10

(1) Missile Command

(2) Frogger

(3) Ms. Pacman

(4) Freeway

(5) Q*Bert

(6) Enduro

(7) Defender

(8) Space Invaders

(9) Berzerk

(10) Centipede

ok my fav 11

(11) Pitfall

It seems most of mine revolved around Arcade games, which is where i got my gaming start in the 70s, did not get a 2600 until late in it's life (about 1988 or so)

Edited by GonzoGamer

1.) Adventure

2.) Kool-Aid Man

3.) Rubik's Cube/Atari Video Cube

4.) Ms. Pac-Man

5.) Raiders of the Lost Ark

6.) Kaboom!

7.) Donkey Kong

8.) Sprintmaster

9.) Realsports Tennis

10.) Frogger

11.) Space Invaders

12.) Tennis

13.) Pitfall!

14.) Enduro

15.) Jungle Hunt

16.) Superman

17.) Journey Escape

18.) Dragster

19.) Fishing Derby

20.) Asteroids

• 4 weeks later...

1. Pitfall II (so much better than the original Pitfall!, and the special music chip makes the music sound like it belongs on an early NES game)

2. Galaxian (I like this better than the arcade version)

3. Ms. Pac-Man (There isn't a version of this game that I don't like)

4. Tapper (great music for a game that doesn't have a special chip)

5. Berzerk (Robots...Lasers....Mazes...Evil Otto. Yep, great times)

6. Kaboom! (the greatest paddle game on the 2600...so simple yet so frantic)

7. River Raid (another classic from the true king of the Atari 2600...Activision)

8. Dig Dug (I like this better than the arcade or the 7800 versions)

9. Pete Rose Baseball (Ever played Home Run, RealSports Baseball, Super Baseball, or Super Challenge Baseball? This game blows them out of the water!)

10. Kung-Fu Master (The graphics are almost as good as Kung Fu on the NES)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1) Escape From The Mindmaster

2) Dragonstomper

3) Frogger [starpath version]

4) Kaboom!

5) Pitfall

6) Combat

7) Spider-Man

8.) Indy 500

9) Space Invaders

10) Adventure

11) Suicide Mission

12) Asteroids

13) Empire Strikes Back

14) Activision Tennis

15) Raiders of the Lost Ark

16) Superman

17) Missile Command

18) River Raid

19) Stampede

20) Defender

21) Ms. Pac-Man

Edited by JL

I counted the votes as they were posted. I might have been wrong in some points, but not so much that it would make the list very different. I think people editing its list is the most logical explanation. Ignore my updates, and continue with yours.

This would be a huge task for some one who has extra time on their hands, but I think one way to tackle the problem of people changing their picks, is to keep an index card file of all users who've posted lists here. As they change their lists, update the card file so each user has only one list (the last one they posted). Then add up the points by going through the cards.

This would be a huge task for some one who has extra time on their hands, but I think one way to tackle the problem of people changing their picks, is to keep an index card file of all users who've posted lists here. As they change their lists, update the card file so each user has only one list (the last one they posted). Then add up the points by going through the cards.

I've decided to take this task on. It seems like a fun little side project (until I start screaming and pulling my hair out ;) ). I'm going to try my strategy described above. I got the little plastic card file, alphabetized dividers and index cards. I might do a page or two an evening depending on how well this goes and tally them up at the end so, if anyone wants to change their list, do so and, hopefully, I'll catch it.

Edit: I was just going to lump all the cartridges together in one list, so the list would include homebrews and Supercharger games and not make separate lists for them. Does that sound OK?

Edited by Miss 2600
  • Like 2

Cool! I index carded the first 2 pages this evening. My goal is to index one page per evening (2 or 3 pages on my days off). Then I'll tally up the points. I'm just recording people's top ten lists. I'm not recording the separate Supercharger and homebrew lists. I wish they lumped them all together at the beginning.

I'll periodically post an update of my progress so you guys won't think I've given up. :)

So far, I'm a little surprised how many times Keystone Kapers made people's lists.