IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Pangasinan,

Are there any differences between the Suntek version and the Home Vision version?

Is there a Home Vision logo onscreen in Treasure Discovery?

8)

Yes there is a Home Vision logo,here are some screens of the game.

Does Treasure Island and Kampf um die Schatzinsel have the Home Vision logo ? and does the game look the same ??

I no longer own Treasure Island so I cant check for the logo.

post-12694-0-81705500-1341463877_thumb.jpg

post-12694-0-60085500-1341463880_thumb.jpg

post-12694-0-20379300-1341463883_thumb.jpg

Edited by pangasinan

I found the erased space in this rom along time ago, but the Home Vision rom is more than just the logo restored. If you look at the hmove comb to the left you will see the gaps are different in the Treasure Discovery rom when compared to the Suntek version. This is likely caused by some stuff being shifted around in the rom, or added/deleted WSYNC's.

post-7074-0-03848700-1341472987_thumb.jpg

post-7074-0-07703100-1341473053_thumb.png

Rom,

I have been following this thread with interest, and I'd like to venture a theory about Zoo Fun. Please feel free to shoot it full of holes if I've missed any pertinent data.

Like you, I find the entire Home Vision subject fascinating, and I've examined the ads (well, as much as low-res scans CAN be examined) and found no reference to Zoo Fun. Knowing that it "shares" code with Panda Chase suggests that the same programmer (or company) created both. But there are examples in the Atari library where games with similar or even identical code "modules" were released by different companies, and given credit for being "original".

The example I bring to bear is Tax Avoiders. As soon as I plugged this game in (1987) I thought, "How did they get away with ripping off Porky's?!" Yet Tax Avoiders is considered an American Videogames original even though one programmer, John Simonds, is credited with working on BOTH. Plus, since Ski Run is credited in your database as a Suntek original, why couldn't Zoo Fun be also? I agree with you that Ski Run MAY have been programmed by Home Vision (or whoever THEY ripped off), but since neither Ski Run OR Zoo Fun were mentioned in any Home Visison ad (so far), I submit Suntek get credit for Zoo Fun since they released it.

Tax Avoiders sets the precedent, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

I don't think there truly exists a game called Zoo Fun released by Home Vision.

It has never been confirmed to exist, therefore I will remove this title from our database.

The only reason it was listed in our database, is that it was mentioned in a very old VCS games list once.

IMO Home Vision released Panda Chase and then ITT Family Games ripped it off to 'release' Pumuckl I, followed by Suntek's Zoo Fun.

Ski Run is definitely a Home Vision original (the Suntek artwork looks like it has been redrawn from a Home Vision label and there's a Home Vision vaporware title called Skiing Game), but since this cart has not been found yet, I consider the Suntek version as the original for now.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 1 year later...