IGNORED

Excellent AtariAge Article in Retro Gamer this month

Atari_Owl

Hello,

Issue 12, pp 85-87 its mainly an interview actually, with a small section on 2600 homebrews.

But there's also a good mention on p27 concerning 2600 programming.

Its a VCS2600 special :)

Should probably post about this in that forum also.

Yes, but not sure which publication you mean, sorry.

Can you give me a URL for the web-page relating to it?

Thanks!

JustClaws.

Lars,

As the magazine is still commercially produced I honestly, unfortunately doubt you'd be able to use scans without permission, but if you get in contact with the editor of the mag, he may well say yes.

The URL for the magazine is www.retrogamer.net . They export copies of the magazine around the world too.

Hope this helps,

Felice.

Hello!

As the magazine is still commercially produced I honestly, unfortunately doubt you'd be able to use scans without permission, but if you get in contact with the editor of the mag, he may well say yes.
Yes, perhaps he might allow something in view of the fact that it's a

special feature about AtariAge. Maybe Albert can tell the background.

The URL for the magazine is www.retrogamer.net . They export copies of the magazine around the world too.
Great stuff. I didn't know about that magazine, what a blunder!!!

I've ordered that newest issue, and the "anthology" for catch-up!

Thanks. Not being in the UK, I didn't see this locally, or via web.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

• 1 month later...

I just discovered that Retro Gamer used a scan from my website without my permission! In Volume 2, #1, on page 56, there is a picture of a Video Life cartridge. That's my cartridge and it has appeared on my website for several years!

http://www.rolentapress.com/memorabillia/d...video-life.html

I just discovered that Retro Gamer used a scan from my website without my permission! In Volume 2, #1, on page 56, there is a picture of a Video Life cartridge. That's my cartridge and it has appeared on my website for several years!

http://www.rolentapress.com/memorabillia/digital-press-10/video-life.html

Just wondering how you feel with this? Do you like the exposure or are you upset? I guess it's not really much exposure if they didn't give a mention of either yourself or your website. Just wondering how you feel (and how others would feel in the same position).

And here we are scared to post a scan of the Atariage article due to concerns of doing it without their permission :lol:

Screw 'em.. They obviously have zero qualms of doing it themselves :P

Quite a few scans and screenshots from AtariAge have been used in just about every issue of Retrogamer without permission or acknowledgment. I've just come to accept it, since they do mention AtariAge on a frequent enough basis. Also makes me less hesitant to post scans of specific articles in the magazine (such as Ron Lloyd's interview and the blurb about Crazy Balloon). Not that two wrongs make a right, mind you.

..Al

Albert, chalk this up to another one of your scans that they've taken from Atari Age. I just noticed that it's my cartridge that you have on your site.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a scan or image used from AtariAge without permission on other websites and publications, I'd probably be able pay for our server costs on that alone. :)

..Al