IGNORED

Space Shuttle White Label

dwh

Activisions Space Shuttle-White Text Label-ID# AZ-033-04.Does anyone else have this?I do not see it listed on this site.What would the rarity be for this item?I would guess it to be a late release.The cart does work on NTSC sets(I just double checked)

I have it. I even sent a scan of it in to AtariAge, but they insisted it was the PAL cart that they already had a scan of, but that wasn't up at the time. The scan AtariAge had is up here:

PAL Space Shuttle cart

It does look just like mine, but I'm certain mine always worked on my NTSC system (it was the first Space Shuttle I had).

So I just don't know if it's PAL or not. There doesn't seem to be any way I can tell for sure.

I physically plugged the cart in and it works just fine--I wanted to make sure it was not Pal.I'm sure Activision was cutting corners-I guess white labels would be cheaper than black labels,or maybe they just had a lot of white labels sitting around or ready to print for PAL carts and used them on the NTSC carts.Near the end there, they probably tried to use up all stock(comp chips,plastic cases,labels).

It is strange how some people only got the white label copy.I found out about this when putting in data for the Cart Commander program.Since then I have won an ebay auction for Space Shuttle with the inst's and overlays(I think I threw away my overlays years ago),so all is right in my little atari collection world now....

I to have a White label SS (NTSC).

If you have any SALU or late Activision releases from Europe, you will notice they have a similar label style (Very similar to the blue labels in fact). I am not sure why SS was released as NTSC with a white label though. It is inconsistent. Could be they re-issued it in the US and used whatever labels thay had last printed. I would like to know if there are any other Activision/Imagic NTSC titles that are white labels.

-Lee