IGNORED

Activision games at Burger King

Brian R.

who is the burger dropper supposed to be?

some guesses...

- chef pepper's evil twin

- the dufus from those BK "office" commercials

- Dan Cortez

The cook has had a really bad day, and then he just snapped! You want burgers?

Well. You'll get burgers!!

The cook starts flinging the burgers as fast as he can make them. It would be a shame to waste those great Burger King Whoppers so you have to catch them all.

You start with three(3) trays and lose a tray each time a burger is dropped.

It could be Dan Cortez. :ponder:

I got two Kaboom units, different colors, that I am not going to open until I know which have higher rarity value.  then I can open and play the common ones.

You guys crack me up. These things are being produced by the millions and given away with food. There's no value to preserve by keeping them packaged.

By the way, has anyone actually purchased a Kid's Meal? Does it come in some kind of Atari-themed box? That might be worth keeping.

I got two Kaboom units, different colors, that I am not going to open until I know which have higher rarity value.  then I can open and play the common ones.

You guys crack me up. These things are being produced by the millions and given away with food. There's no value to preserve by keeping them packaged.

By the way, has anyone actually purchased a Kid's Meal? Does it come in some kind of Atari-themed box? That might be worth keeping.

i got a kids meal. it didnt come with an atari themed box but it did come with an activision activivty book type thing,with crossword puzzles and trivia about the 80s it was pretty neat but i threw it out.

i got a kids meal. it didnt come with an atari themed box but it did come with an activision activivty book type thing,with crossword puzzles and trivia about the 80s it was pretty neat but i threw it out.

At my weekly BK trip with my two sons this afternoon... the paper they put on the serving tray has a bunch of activities related to the promotion. (Same thing maybe?) According to their list of Fun Facts - not verbatim, btw - from memory:

Fun Fact #1: Until the 80s you couldn't play video games at home!

I found the 19 year old manager and shoved my Telstar Arcade up his [deleted]. No pain involved since it didn't actually exist. ;)

Back to reality.... I barely cared. Made me chuckle.

They are ripoffs, any BK around me charges $1. So far I've gotten Kaboom and GP. In the display they had a stack of "activity" booklets. They were like 4 pages long and were Activision related. Not sure if this is the same thing as was mentioned. I took 3 of them.

Keep them sealed. They'll stay preserved better.

Phil

Score!

I just grabbed the Kaboom! game at my local BK today. This was the one of the four I was most looking forward to, and was not disappointed.

This is a cool little unit! Some effort was put into this - all of them, probably - because they could've done them a lot more cheaply and without the design that went into these units. The variety of casings, colors and designs is impressive.

And while Grand Prix is a snap, this Kaboom! game actually does get difficult - even when you're cathing hamburgers. ;)

I got Barnstorming on Saturday, and got Tennis today (Monday, Feb. 21).

So that's all four, one of each. I'm not concerned with the color variations. I'm happy with the colors I got.

Although I may want to grab a spare one to experiment with opening and inspecting the battery, to see if I can replace it. I can only figure that incorporating a relpaceable battery would have presented more problems than it was worth for BK. But I'd like to keep them working.

W00t! I got me Barnstorming, both colors. Got all 8 =D

Theyre out in Japan ??

Im sure i havent seen them here in the UK . :(

Si

Well the BK is on base, so we get all of the promotions that you guys in the states get. AFAIK There's no burger king off base, but there is mcdonalds, wendy's, denny's, KFC, and others.

My roommate tried to get one today at the BK on Cicero by Midway Airport here in Chicago today. He didn't want to buy the kids meal as he was hungry and wanted a whopper. But the girl at the counter wouldn't sell him one seperately and really had no idea what he was talking about. =)

I am going to have to try this week to get one or two...with the kid's meal obviously. 8)

My roommate tried to get one today at the BK on Cicero by Midway Airport here in Chicago today.  He didn't want to buy the kids meal as he was hungry and wanted a whopper.  But the girl at the counter wouldn't sell him one seperately and really had no idea what he was talking about.  =)

I am going to have to try this week to get one or two...with the kid's meal obviously.   8)

That's BS.

I have bought all four - on four occassions - at two different BK shops - each for 99 cents plus tax - and NEVER had to buy a kids meal.

If the girl at the counter won't sell it, tell your roomie to ask for a manager or someone who knows better.

I've found it's best to go in, and just ask them which of the kids meal toys they have. From my experience, odds are they'll have to actually show it to you, because they won't be able to tell you which one they've got.

Well, my 2-year-old has gotten into these. They'll probably be trashed soon, but it was either that or let him wreck my GameCube cases like he's done with his own Blues Clues DVDs.

Plus, these came in HIS kid's meals, anyway, so I suppose he deserves to have them.

:)

yeah...this past Saturday I finally picked up 4 Barnstormings...

Why 4? Simple, I get one for each of my boys...and then two extras without the kids meals for myself. I have one of each color of each game..so I also have all 8 now.

Freeway?! why didn't they do Freeway?! That would have been way easy!

And you could adopt fishing derby to this..but it would be just an up and down movement thing as well...but still have to avoid the sharks etc...

However, I can't really think of any others that could be done in this manner with just two buttons really. You might be able to do a version of Activision boxing with just two buttons. Basically left punch...right punch..and both pressed might block or something...?

Damn! :x

I went to Burger King last night because it's a new week, but now they've got toys from the movie "Robots" and no Activision games left! I only got Kaboom in blue( twice ), and Barnstorming in Red and Black. That's only 3 of the 8 that were supposed to become available!

Every time I'd ask what game they had it was always the same one. It has NOT been 8 weeks yet!

Oh well. :roll: