IGNORED

Collecting ST Games

doncleth

Hi all,

I've been searching the web for a while but I can't seem to find a website that talks about collecting ST games or a rarity guide of some sort. I've been following some eBay auctions on ST games and games like Escape From Money Island and the Leisure Lary games demand the highest.

Any related info on collecting ST games is appreciated.

TIA,

Don

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that most ST games are not rare. I have been collecting them on eBay for dirt cheap the last year or so. Most are arriving DOA too. (Bad disks) Tis a shame. So I am just doing the disk image thing now and collecting originals from the net. TOSEC is a great start.

Good topic,

First, if anybody has a boxed copy of Deuteros from Activision (Circa 1991) for the ST, please get in touch!

I think ST (or Amiga/PC) games don't command the prices of console games because they aren't seen in the same way as Carts, or more recently CD games for DC or early PS1 games - its a strange thing, and its not because they produced more ST games, the run rates would have been way smaller than any console produced title.

Its a mindset thing, whereas many people collect ST games, the market just hasn't ever been as competitive as console game collecting. The ST titles I collect are more along the lines of my "favourite" titles, or titles long since sold or lost years ago which I want back!

Titles such as the LucasArts, Infocom, Sierra etc will always command higher prices because of the genre they represent - and the cool packaging plays a part too.

Karl