IGNORED

Classic games in Columbus Ohio?

jeepnut24

the best mom n pop place here is Burt's Video Games Express, there are three locations

Grove City (just off I-71 GC exit)

Northpoint (route 23, a few miles north of 270)

Westerville (i dont know the exact address, they moved recently)

Then there is The Video Game and Music Exchange on Smokey Row Road, which is also north of 270 between Sawmill road and route 23

There is Jason's World on Bethel Road, right off the 315 exit, though their classic prices are a tad high

Then there is a place i cant remember the name of, in this old half empty mall on Brice Road

I drove by this place on west fifth avenue yesterday called games underground, but i havent been in there yet, and i dont know if they carry classics or not

that should be a good start :)

The video games express in Westerville is now in the shopping center on the corner of Shrock Rd. and State Street.  

I'll warn you though, they usually don't have much good before NES...a few 5200 and some 2600 games around.

I should know, I live in Westerville.

but when they do have atari stuff, its only a buck a cart. Jason's World charges five bucks a cart... that includes combat :roll:

plus they tend to have random stuff like boxed copies of Xybots and Cyberball for Lynx for fifty cents, and super cheap controllers for various systems. Their prices on used modern games are also very good as well.

Then there is a place i cant remember the name of, in this old half empty mall on Brice Road

That moved to Pataskala about 3 months ago. It's a pain and a half to find now. Prices are a bit high on most stuff when compared to Video Games Express.

Games Underground is a very good store, and probably my current favorite, especially when I'm looking for cheap new gen stuff, it's a little light on the classics, but they have a few good things.

I haven't actually seen more than a courtesy 2600 cart in any of these stores in a long time.

Another really nice store is Press Start Gaming in Pickerington (I don't have an exact address), if going south from I-70 on 256, it's on the left past the upscale shopping center...if you get to Refugee road going south, you just missed it.

I'm not sure if it is still there, but there used to be a booth at the Southland Expo that had some classic stuff.

Sadly, I'm not using these sources much because I'm collecting for Gameboy hardcore right now, and EB has the best GB prices that I've seen in town...

Thanks for the heads up on the new location for VGE in Westerville...that's the same center as the Micro Center right??

That moved to Pataskala about 3 months ago.  It's a pain and a half to find now.  Prices are a bit high on most stuff when compared to Video Games Express.

then i must be thinking of a different place, this place had a layout similar to trading zone at carriage place, but they carried atari-era stuff (TZ dumped there's which is why i dont recommend them).

Games Underground is a very good store, and probably my current favorite, especially when I'm looking for cheap new gen stuff, it's a little light on the classics, but they have a few good things.

i hope so, i plan to check the place out today :)

I haven't actually seen more than a courtesy 2600 cart in any of these stores in a long time.

this is how i collect though, i pick up cheap carts whenever i see them. i realize that they can only sell, what people bring in, and most places will not even take atari carts, so i like to encourage the business when i can

Another really nice store is Press Start Gaming in Pickerington (I don't have an exact address), if going south from I-70 on 256, it's on the left past the upscale shopping center...if you get to Refugee road going south, you just missed it.

ill have to check it out

I'm not sure if it is still there, but there used to be a booth at the Southland Expo that had some classic stuff.

i go there and the flea market at westland on occasion, there are more than a few booths at each of these places, i found a virtual boy at southland for 15 dollars once

Sadly, I'm not using these sources much because I'm collecting for Gameboy hardcore right now, and EB has the best GB prices that I've seen in town...

wow, GB collecting sounds expensive, and there is a ton of shovelware. but i kindof got into my old GB games when i got my GB Player for cube a year or so ago.

Thanks for the heads up on the new location for VGE in Westerville...that's the same center as the Micro Center right??

not in the same center, but same general area...

[my obligatory **** YOU to micro center]

then i must be thinking of a different place, this place had a layout similar to trading zone at carriage place, but they carried atari-era stuff (TZ dumped there's which is why i dont recommend them).

No, you're thinking of the right place...it's just not there anymore...I used to live there it seemed, went for a while every 2-3 days...then once I went, and the guy there gave me a card to their store in Pataskala...I've been twice, but their Atari stuff is gone. Most of their older stuff is gone from the store, they have a lot less showcase space now.

The only reason to still go to Brice is the British Papermill (comic book store), but unless I get to see the goth chick behind the counter...it's not worth going to.

Blur, thanks for the info, I was in that area today. Didn't have much time, and I picked the wrong center to drive through.