IGNORED

Atari's Landfill Adventures, I now have the proof it's true.

Spud

The thing is,topics like someone mentioned"looking for jimmy hoffa"is something that will hold the attention of alot more people than looking for atari carts.We in this community hold this in high regard,but to the rest of the world,they couldn't give a rats ass about buried ET carts,and that includes Myth Busters,Not the kind of stuff they do, period.

If everyone chips in something, perhaps we could simply purchase the landfill and dig them up ourselves. We could then recover our costs by selling the ET cartridges and the remains of the Roswell UFO that were probably buried there as well.

:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sounds like a plan!

The thing is,topics like someone mentioned"looking for jimmy hoffa"is something that will hold the attention of alot more people than looking for atari carts.We in this community hold this in high regard,but to the rest of the world,they couldn't give a rats ass about buried ET carts,and that includes Myth Busters,Not the kind of stuff they do, period.

In this reality TV world, so much more money has been spent for cheap entertainment. I really don't see why some entrepreneurial individual wouldn't follow thorugh on this sooner or later. Really, GenX is now the prime TV demographic and this is a pretty well known touchstone for us.

In this reality TV world, so much more money has been spent for cheap entertainment. I really don't see why some entrepreneurial individual wouldn't follow thorugh on this sooner or later. Really, GenX is now the prime TV demographic and this is a pretty well known touchstone for us.

They probably haven't because there's only about 10 people outside of this board that actually care.

They probably haven't because there's only about 10 people outside of this board that actually care.

Yeah,true,better put.

Yeah, and they'd also never make a movie about Nolan Bushnell. Nobody knows who that guy is except for a handful of nerds.

Thats true also.Thats why i think the movie will not be made.I cant see it as a theater release especially.How many people will go to see that,theres no money to be made on that.Movies are cancelled at last second all the time.I cant even imagine it as a TV release either for that matter.Movies are made when theres a market that will interest the general population,not just a small community of game nerds.

Edited by Rik

Yeah, and they'd also never make a movie about Nolan Bushnell. Nobody knows who that guy is except for a handful of nerds.

Thats true also.Thats why i think the movie will not be made.I cant see it as a theater release especially.How many people will go to see that,theres no money to be made on that.Movies are cancelled at last second all the time.I cant even imagine it as a TV release either for that matter.Movies are made when theres a market that will interest the general population,not just a small community of game nerds.

I was pointing out that they are supposedly making a Nolan Bushnell movie and the E.T. story seems to be bigger than Nolan Bushnell. All kinds of people have heard that E.T. cartridges were buried, even if they don't know who Nolan Bushnell is or what an Atari 2600 looks like.

• Like 1

I was pointing out that they are supposedly making a Nolan Bushnell movie and the E.T. story seems to be bigger than Nolan Bushnell. All kinds of people have heard that E.T. cartridges were buried, even if they don't know who Nolan Bushnell is or what an Atari 2600 looks like.

hmmm.... I thought that everybody knew who Nolan Bushnell was and what an atari 2600 looked like but had no clue what the Atari landfill story was... well, maybe thats just me ;)

It's called demographic shift. The people who green light projects like this are now our age. The things we remember are the things they remember because 'they' are now 'us', if you know what I mean. That's why the DiCaprio thing is happening, or the Flashback console made money, or all the other emulator projects were successful. It doesn't really matter whether teens, 50 or 60 somethings don't know Atari or E.T. Do you think in the 80s I cared about stuff like The Big Chill? Every generation has its moment in the sun to wax nostalgic.

Edited by mos6507

• 1 month later...
It's called demographic shift. The people who green light projects like this are now our age. The things we remember are the things they remember because 'they' are now 'us', if you know what I mean. That's why the DiCaprio thing is happening, or the Flashback console made money, or all the other emulator projects were successful. It doesn't really matter whether teens, 50 or 60 somethings don't know Atari or E.T. Do you think in the 80s I cared about stuff like The Big Chill? Every generation has its moment in the sun to wax nostalgic.

this would make a cool Allen & Ginter Relic card....actual scrap from the Atari Dump.

I love trash

Everything dirty or dingy or dusty

Everything ragged or rotten or rusty

Yes, I love trash

I have here a newspaper from '83

It's proof that they land-filled a bunch of E.T.

I traded my kid for boxed games I can't see

I love them, because they're trash!

A porcelain egg with the USA flag

A NASCAR poster, all the seasons of JAG

A cell phone with every option I can snag

Yes, dammit, I'm going to keep posting this until someone laughs. (I think I'm just proud that I remembered the words to the chorus.)

As long as I'm amusing myself by needlessly repeating funny things in a context barely related to the thread:

post-1434-1217625302.gif

I guess my question is...what exactly would you do with it if you did find it?

Whip it out and start spanking? Take lots of video and photos and invite the media so a 'myth' can be transformed back into truth? Rub the noses of the skeptics into the broken bits of cartridges like your dog's nose into his own poo on your carpet when he's been bad? Make necklaces and other things that contain a piece of long-buried history that you can sell to Atari lovers and retro hipsters?

I guess my question is...what exactly would you do with it if you did find it?

Whip it out and start spanking? Take lots of video and photos and invite the media so a 'myth' can be transformed back into truth? Rub the noses of the skeptics into the broken bits of cartridges like your dog's nose into his own poo on your carpet when he's been bad? Make necklaces and other things that contain a piece of long-buried history that you can sell to Atari lovers and retro hipsters?

have to come up with something better than that... :ponder:

I love trash

Everything dirty or dingy or dusty

Everything ragged or rotten or rusty

Yes, I love trash

I have here a newspaper from '83

It's proof that they land-filled a bunch of E.T.

I traded my kid for boxed games I can't see

A porcelain egg with the USA flag

A NASCAR poster, all the seasons of JAG

A cell phone with every option I can snag

Yes, dammit, I'm going to keep posting this until someone laughs. (I think I'm just proud that I remembered the words to the chorus.)

As long as I'm amusing myself by needlessly repeating funny things in a context barely related to the thread:

post-1434-1217625302.gif

ROFLMAO ,the Penguin clip is too funny!