IGNORED

Atari's Landfill Adventures, I now have the proof it's true.

Spud

You know given the fact that someone just recently sold Atari 2600 carts for .20 a pop to a gold refiner makes this an interesting quest. Think about it for a second 5,000,000 carts give or take 100,000 times .20 cents a pop. Do the math and there is $1,000,000 in buried treasure! :D :cool:

20c a pop? You get more for them than that on ebay. Whoever sold them for 20c was a moron. I'm sure they're worth more than 20c even to be used for housing homebrews.

You know given the fact that someone just recently sold Atari 2600 carts for .20 a pop to a gold refiner makes this an interesting quest. Think about it for a second 5,000,000 carts give or take 100,000 times .20 cents a pop. Do the math and there is $1,000,000 in buried treasure! :D :cool:

20c a pop? You get more for them than that on ebay. Whoever sold them for 20c was a moron. I'm sure they're worth more than 20c even to be used for housing homebrews.

Hmm, really? Well here is a little thing you should know. The guy does have 30,000 sealed Atari 7800 games left that he his trying to sell for .30 cents a pop, but you have to buy them all for $9,000. So if you feel so inclined go buy him out.

Hmm, really? Well here is a little thing you should know. The guy does have 30,000 sealed Atari 7800 games left that he his trying to sell for .30 cents a pop, but you have to buy them all for $9,000. So if you feel so inclined go buy him out.

Why doesn't he sell them to Best. They'd give him more than that for them.

Why doesn't he sell them to Best. They'd give him more than that for them.

No they wouldn't. Best has plenty of inventory of all of these games. The guy had been selling the same 45 or so titles since the early/mid 90's he started at around $.50 each I think. Then he went to $.80. Then to $2.00. And finally to $5.00 each. He had been selling them for $2.00 or under for over 10 years. There are hundreds of thousands of these games still floating around sealed. Best, Video 61 and B&C all have some of these same titles, as do countless other random people. What makes you think any same person would pay that much for that many games?

The guy wasn't a moron. He did what he had to do to make money off of these games. If he were anyone else, he would have done it a long time ago. This guy just happened to have a bunch of extra space in the limestone caves. He obviously ended up realizing he could use that space to actually make some money, so he dumped the carts for as much as he could get. If there was anyone else willing to buy several hundred thousand games for more than $.20 each it would have happened.

lol...I think nearly every person on AA has a sealed copy of every one of those games. Has anyone NOT bought from him? :)

Nope, It's JVDB. Trust me.

-Rob

Unless you're claiming he's a member of Wintergreen, nope, it's not him. There's plenty of photos and articles on the band, such as this one, their own MySpace page, this photo of the same person in question looking more like Curt Kobain (which he's also known for):

wintergreen.jpg

Here's another video of theirs and their youtube channel.

Edited by wgungfu

Nope, It's JVDB. Trust me.

-Rob

Unless you're claiming he's a member of Wintergreen, nope, it's not him. There's plenty of photos and articles on the band, such as this one, their own MySpace page, this photo of the same person in question looking more like Curt Kobain (which he's also known for):

wintergreen.jpg

Here's another video of theirs and their youtube channel.

I had no idea JVDB was in Wintergreen. Hmmm. Who knew?

Yet further proof that when you have to explain a joke, it's no longer funny. I could probably have stringed you along for a while, but this thread is bloated enough.

-Rob

This thread isn't for laughing, it's for crying about all of those E.T. cartridges that no one will get to play. The cube world of E.T. calls out from the grave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bR4xsNgIA&rel=0&fmt=35&showinfo=0

Yet further proof that when you have to explain a joke, it's no longer funny.

It was funny at some point?

The funny part wasn't my joke, it's that you thought I was serious. I could quote my "yet further" statement, but I risk trolling, cuz this thread rules and I don't want to ruin it (lol, ruin it).

You know, that is JVDB, right? You don't seriously think that's someone else, do you?

-Rob

Edited by rbudrick

• 2 weeks later...

The cube world of E.T. calls out from the grave:

yesterday i realised that i still had some acid trips with nolan's face on it.

i took two of them, watched RT's video for 4 hours and then i saw the landfill ... my mind left my body, flew past the trash and the concrete and saw the carts. :o

then for the next 5 hours of my trip i puzzled together those carts crushed into pieces.

what an experience!

:rolling: