IGNORED

Just got a jaguar very impressed

sega saturn x

For one thing i love teh look of the system. I dont know but its one of the coolest looking systems i have ever seen. I also love hte controler its very very ergonamic and easy to use. I paid 25$ for the system 1 controller and cybermorph. I have mixed feeling about cybermoroh but im buying raiden which was always a game i loved so that should be good. Im looking forward to collecting for this system btw is the cd add on worth the high price tag?

Edited by sega saturn x

Welcome to the Jaguar! 8) Raiden is Uber-Cool!!! and plays extremely well on the Jag. I have quite a few Jaguar games and its still one of my absolute favourites (and not too expensive either - BONUS!).

As far as the CD Add-On is concerned, i have never regreted my purchase! I bought mine new from GoAtari (and payed a bit just for postage to Australia) but am very happy with the unit! I have 12 out of the original 13 games released for it and they are quite good (especially... nah, they're ALL pretty good!!). The main thing is, most (if not all) new Jaguar release will be coming out on CD. So, if you want to get them... there's no way around it (and emulators SUCK! - nothing beats the real thing)!

So, welcome aboard to the Jaguar and happy hunting. ;)

Actually isn't the Radien just a direct port from the never released 7800 Version? haha.. you would think...since you can beat it like a dozen times and it just loops over and over without you actually ending the game.. oh wait, thats probably how the arcade was too huh? oh well... I remember my buddy playing it for like 9 hours non-stop and we noticed it was back to level 1 several times.. finally I got sick of it and said "Ok Man, this shit has got to stop" and powered off the Jag.. he just laughed and agreed it was getting tiring... that damn noise was really killing me after 9 hours... argghh..

Hi!

Actually isn't the Radien just a direct port from the never released 7800 Version? haha.. you would think...since you can beat it like a dozen times and it just loops over and over without you actually ending the game.. oh wait, thats probably how the arcade was too huh? oh well... I remember my buddy playing it for like 9 hours non-stop and we noticed it was back to level 1 several times.. finally I got sick of it and said "Ok Man, this shit has got to stop" and powered off the Jag.. he just laughed and agreed it was getting tiring... that damn noise was really killing me after 9 hours... argghh..

;) I don't think the 7800 could run 2 MB games in 320x240 with 16-bit color (although they could have used 256 colors as well, as the PC version looks similar and uses 256 colors).

About looping the game, yes that's normal. All Raiden versions that I know do this.

Still I think Raiden is the best shooter for the Jag and an very fun game in general. Although I prefer Raiden 2, too bad it didn't come out on the Jag.

Btw, Raiden 3 looks AWESOME too.. Anybody see pics of it yet? Wow.

I hope they make console ports of that one.

Regards, Lars.

I'm going to have to look around for one.  Im not very impressed with cyber morph though what are some good games for the system?

Don't fret too much over Cybermorph, some poeple really like it (like me) and other don't, but it was one of the VERY first Jaguar games, and actually ported from a 32-bit prototype Atari system called the 'Panther' that was never released in favor of the Jaguar. It's so first-generation that it's almost pre-generation! Anyway, it was always a freebie pack-in. If you get the Jaguar CD unit, 'Battlemorph' the sequel to Cybermorph is available for it and is about 10 times as good a Cybermorph. I HIGHLY recommend it.

But as far as cartridge only games go, you'll probably definately want the following:

Alien vs Predator

Doom

Wolfenstein 3D

Tempest 2000

Missle command 3D

Super Burnout

Atari Karts

Power Drive Rally

Cannon Fodder

Rayman

Ultra Vortek

I-war

Skyhammer

Zero 5

NBA jam

Iron Soldier (and #2 on cart or CD)

Defender 2000

Protector: SE

Battlesphere

Hyperforce

Worms

That should at least get you started. There are a LOT more good games than those, those are just a good start. But, below are some games to AVOID AT ALL COSTS, UNLESS you just want to collect everything for the Jaguar. Avoid these games and you will continue to be impressed with the Jaguar:

Club Drive, Checkered Flag, Double Dragon 5, Bubsy, Supercross 3D, Kasumi Ninja, Hover Strike.

Now, a couple of the games above are liked by a few, and you *may* like one or two yourself, but you may as well wait and get them last, if at all, since there are surely better game alternatives anyway.

Best Jag CD games:

Iron Soldier 2

Battlemorph

Primal Rage

Highlander

Hover Strike: UL (avoide the cartridge, but this version is good)

World Tour Racing

Dragons Lair

Braindead 13

Myst

Painter

sega saturn x was barely born when the jag was released.  Accept him with open arms, and guide him.  He's one of the few of the new generation that actully shows interest in the pre-sony world.

I know gamers that are open to all of gaming's past not just bits and pieces, but at least he's expanding more from Sega.

Im willing to give any system a fair chance and the only developer i really dont like is sony. And to explain my spelling one was posted at at 2 am the next at 4 i had an hour nap inbetween. So i was thinking much clearer then. There are some systems i just have good feeling about like the saturn turbo grafx and now the jaguar. And yes i am not old at all only 15.

Btw, Raiden 3 looks AWESOME too.. Anybody see pics of it yet? Wow.

Hi Lars :)

Raiden 3 huh? Where is that available? Only at the Arcade's? I have Raiden on the Jag and am hunting down Raiden 2 for the PSX (or any system really) but i never heard of Raiden 3. I would love to play that one! :love: Have you got any more info on this?

Regards,

Aleks

Some games that most be "avoid at all costs" can actually be quite fun

They may be not the best games for the Jaguar, but I like Club Drive, I like Kasumi Ninja and some others

I also like the so called good games

If I remember correctly, there was a thread some time ago about Club Drive, and most of the people who replied, said it was an ok game

So in the end, it's all a matter of taste, even if a game is considered bad

The "avoid at all costs" games are quite cheap, so you have to try it for yourself I guess......

There IS a chance that you might even like some of them, which isn't a shame really......

Some games that most be "avoid at all costs" can actually be quite fun

They may be not the best games for the Jaguar, but I like Club Drive, I like Kasumi Ninja and some others  

I also like the so called good games

If I remember correctly, there was a thread some time ago about Club Drive, and most of the people who replied, said it was an ok game

So in the end, it's all a matter of taste, even if a game is considered bad

The "avoid at all costs" games are quite cheap, so you have to try it for yourself I guess......

There IS a chance that you might even like some of them, which isn't a shame really......

I agree with you 100% and I play all the games I suggested strongly to avoid. "Avoid at all costs" in retro-spec, may have been a bit harsh, even for DD5. :P One might actually find several or all fun to them too, but it is best to at least let people know to wait on getting them, if they are looking for the best games the Jaguar has to offer their gaming experience, which would include site, sound, and gameplay. It never does any good in the forming of someone's impression of a game system let them get the under-acheiving games early on, even if there are plenty of great games. They may get weary of taking chances with the next Jaguar game. Once they've settled into camp, then you can say, hey, Club Drive isn't really that bad of a game, just don't expect it to resemble a jaw-dropper in way shape or form, but it is fun, oick it up for a few bucks. But I wouldn't want a potential fan to go out and right away buy Checkered Flag, Club Drive and Double Dragon 5, either, they would think the Jaguar sucked; and they'd be right...with those games in it alone, it sucks compared to another platform. :D Well, I said WAAY more than I wanted to now...I'm bored.

I would pick up Doom, AVP (I am a huge fan so price didnt matter to me and was worth it), and Wolfenstein if you like shooters. I like my Jaguar about the same as my PS2 (because it has a lot of games and a lot for the different genres though people severely overlook this) and my Dreamcast (Love running emulators and lots of titles). I hope you enjoy your Jaguar and I personally think the Jaguar Cd is worth 75 bucks tops though I found one with not hook ups and for $50 on Ebay (I dont have it no more). Well I do hope you enjoy your Jaguar.