IGNORED

Classic gaming tv/movie reference thread....

I'd like to start a list of classic game references in tv and movies, someone pm'd me about my avatar recently and gave to idea of getting a list. Here is one to get started i will add more in future. I sugest adding screenshots, or if you cant get one request it here. i did a web search for the atari Videodrome images (as i have it on vhs, and i dont have a capture card any more) and i found a link to atari times, but it is currently hacked by a braindead moron as some sort of lame april fools no doubt.

Anyway, any one want to join in?

Haydn

donkeykong.jpg

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Cap...apsules/3ACV18/

Futurama where Fry and General Pac-Man have to fight the Space Invaders.

Space Invader: "We have reached the end of the base"

Space Invader Leader: "Then drop down one level, reverse direction and increase speed"

Best 10 minutes of television ever, next to maybe "Cowbell" sketch from SNL or the Rick James episode of Chappelle's Show.

Just to get this clear: You want references of videogames, not places that actually showed videogames in the footage (eg, a kid playing in an arcade)? I think The Beach had a scene with Leonardo Di Caprio imagining he was in a videogame.

Actual videogames or charectors or logos (bladerunner had atari logo and a carry on film had a old sega machine (i want pics of these too)). Arcade machines are cool, i sadly remember a old baywatch was centered around a kid who was plaing Streetfighter 2 in a tobaconist/liquer store. So leo imagineing he is in a game, only if you can name thew game.

Haydn

PS. How do i quote people by name?

There is an episode of Freaks and Geeks called "The Garage Door" that features an Atari 2600. The Atari was actually part of the plot. Freaks and Geeks was the best! I'll post some video grabs in a second. Here is a write up I found on http://epguides.com/FreaksandGeeks/guide.shtml

# "The Garage Door"

gs: Sam McMurray [ Dr. Schweiber ], Jessica Campbell [ Amy ], Amy Aquino [ Mrs. Schweiber ], David Bowe [ Salesman ], Tava Smiley [ Carol ], Jody Jones [ Cowboy ], Jane Morris [ Hygienist ], Ben Hecht [ Waiter ]

rc: Kim

Sam sees Neal's father embracing a woman in a department store. Dr. Schweiber claims that the woman is just a friend, but asks Sam to keep it a secret. He also buys Neal an Atari game system, apparently as a means of assuaging his guilt. Bill insists that they have to tell Neal the truth. Neal blows up at Sam and Bill and accuses them of jealousy. Dr. Schweiber tries to convince Sam that nothing is going on. Neal snoops in his dad's car and finds a mysterious garage door opener. He gets the guys to ride their bikes around town and help him search for his father's love nest. After several hours, Sam and Bill give up and head home. Harold and Jean surprise Sam with an Atari as a reward "for being a good kid." The realization of what Neal is going through suddenly hits Sam, as he bursts into tears and hugs his dad. Neal gets a garage to open and finds his father's car parked inside. Ken develops a crush on the tuba player in the school's marching band. Lindsay talks to her on his behalf and is surprised to learn that she likes Ken. Daniel frustrates Kim by refusing to argue with her. Kim encourages Lindsay to act bitchy around Nick to avoid leading him on. At the same time, Daniel suggests that Nick hide his true feelings by giving Lindsay the cold shoulder. Everyone goes to the planetarium to see a Laser Floyd show (or so they think). Nick and Lindsay apologize for their behavior, but become very uncomfortable as the other couples make out.

Music: "25 or 6 to 4" (Chicago), "When the Saints Go Marching In" and ["Go, Fight, Win"], performed by McKinley High Marching Band; "Beautiful Loser" by Bob Seger; "Let the Good Times Roll" by the Cars; "Karn Evil #9" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer; "Devil Went Down to Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band; "Amie" by Pure Prairie League; "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

b: 13 Mar 00 pc: 111 w: Gabe Sachs, Jeff Judah, Patty Lin d: Bryan Gordon[/url]

My favorite flick to feature video games was the Bishop Of Battle segment of the horror anthology Nightmares (1983).

I found this AWESOME site giving summary and lots of pictures.

If you like video games, you have to see this movie!!

Warning! This site gives the total story including the ending so if you want to check it out for yourself on DVD or video don't click on page 2.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/bishopofbattle/

There is an episode of Freaks and Geeks called "The Garage Door" that features an Atari 2600.  The Atari was actually part of the plot.  Freaks and Geeks was the best!  I'll post some video grabs in a second.  Here is a write up I found on http://epguides.com/FreaksandGeeks/guide.shtml

Below are some of the stills I took from my DVDs.

post-1462-1112399900_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1112399901_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1112399902_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1112399903_thumb.jpg

Just hit the quote button on their post

Thanks for that.

My favorite flick to feature video games was the Bishop Of Battle segment of the horror anthology Nightmares (1983).

I must see that film.

OH to get them out of the way.... i have included 2 more (they are a bit too obiouse thou, i want more in jokes and product placement).

Haydn

PS. tron and movies that had games made of the dont count.

streetfighter.jpg

smbmovie_poster.jpg

wizard_power_glove.jpg

Pice to get so far..

Atari 2600 on Threes Company

Pacman on Family Guy

Atari 2600 on CSI Miami

Seinfeld: The Frogger EPISODE

Recent Gwen Stefani video: plays PONG at the start

South Park: When the gang visits Kenny's house, all he has is a black and white TV and a Colecovision (series 2 episode Chicking pox, realplayer isnt working for me right now)

Drawn Together

baywatch SF2

Bladerunner

Videodrome (atari 2600 and 8 bits)

Haydn