IGNORED

Atari Monitor with Chroma/Luma

doncleth

Hi all,

Here's my latest find. It's an Atari monitor with chroma/luma inputs. I couldn't find any documentation on this on the web and there is no mention of it even on the FAQs. Haven't tried it on my 130XE yet as I think the stock 800XL does not have chroma output. I am thinking if this works then I could share the monitor with my 1040STe as it has a 15-pin RGB input as well.

IMGP3726.JPG

IMGP3728.JPG

I'm guessing it's just a rebadged monitor by Atari in Australia. Anyone know of any monitor with similar inputs?

Cheers,

Don

It was certainly never released in the U.S. market. Which is a shame, as there was never any specific Atari monitor released for the 8-bits in the U.S. and this would have been the perfect choice since it could have been sold as an ST monitor too, so as not to be a loss for Atari if sales were low for it as an 8-bit monitor. We had to buy 3rd party monitors or use the arch-rival's (commodore) monitor which worked fine, but was a hit on the Atari fan's pride, having to use a monitor from the "enemy." Anyway, good find! that think looks fantastic. Also, I'm pretty sure the 800xl does have chroma and lumina, but it's just not that good; hence the widely documented chroma-lumina modifications.

I've seen this same model on ebay.AU before. I wanted to buy it but the shipping cost would have been pretty high, plus it's PAL so only of limited usefullness to me. I suspect it's just, as you suggested, a rebadged monitor. Of course, weren't all Atari monitors rebadged. ;)

Oh, and it is listed in the Atari monitor FAQ. :)

Mitch

That's a pretty cool monitor, I've never seen one like that before. Would definitely be cool to have an Atari-branded monitor to use with 8-bits, as they never released anything like that here in the US. I always used Commodore 1702s with my 8-bits back in the day, and also had a Magnavox green monochrome 80-column display for use with the XEP80. :)

Of course, weren't all Atari monitors rebadged. ;)

Yep, I remember when the ST was out and Atari had a few different flavors of color ST monitors. There was one that was preferable to get, don't remember if it was the Goldstar SC1224 (the more common one) or the Samsung SC1224.

Oh, and it is listed in the Atari monitor FAQ. :)

Cool FAQ, too bad they don't have pictures of more models.

..Al