IGNORED

Rainbow Vision/Suntek (updated list on post 1!)

Rom Hunter

Welcome to the forums, Tom!

I noticed on your list that Rainbow Vision/Suntek SS-018 is called Duck Shoot and that Suntek SS-034 is called Farmyard Fun.

Did you ever see these cartridges or did you copy these (presumed) titles from the first post of this topic?

Thanks in advance.

8)

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to Tom. :)

Also if you're interested, Tom, have a look at the PAL cart database we're constructing (see my sig)... it's far from complete despite having close to a thousand cconfirmed PAL carts and we're still finding and adding new entries, so any help would be gratefully received!

• 2 months later...

• 6 months later...

No.

But maybe it has a connection with Funvision.

You have to open the cartridge to find that out.

8)

There is a definate link to Funvision. If you look up space war on the Atarimania database, you'll see the same cart with a space war label which uses the same font as Funvision's time warp.

No.

But maybe it has a connection with Funvision.

You have to open the cartridge to find that out.

8)

There is a definate link to Funvision. If you look up space war on the Atarimania database, you'll see the same cart with a space war label which uses the same font as Funvision's time warp.

There seems to be a definite link to all of these pirates, it is just a case of discovering the logical progression ;)

Pretty interesting thread! It's always neat to see a big find like this when it first happens.

Rom Hunter, I'm still in awe of the massive amount of work you've done over at Atarimania. That is one HELL of a big database. You must see label variations in your sleep :D One heck of a service for the community too. :thumbsup:

Pretty interesting thread! It's always neat to see a big find like this when it first happens.

Rom Hunter, I'm still in awe of the massive amount of work you've done over at Atarimania. That is one HELL of a big database. You must see label variations in your sleep :D One heck of a service for the community too. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Lord Thag.

I really like the giant Atari 2600 jigsaw puzzle.

8)

• 8 months later...
Ok,

Who owns Ski Run (SS-024) from Suntek?

Who owns Spectracube Invasion (SS-025) from Suntek?

Who owns Asteroid Belt (SS-029) from Suntek?

And who owns a Suntek cartridge with one of the following model numbers:

SS-018

SS-026

SS-027

SS-028

There must be somebody who owns one of these Suntek carts.

8)

Rom, I have this cart which you will find interesting. You can get the dump here along with some other goodies. First the scans.

post-7074-1187501434_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1187501443_thumb.jpg

After researching a little I think it's a pirate of a Suntek cart. Some photos:

post-7074-1187502001_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1187502028_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1187502071_thumb.jpg

post-7074-1187502051_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1187502089_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1187502103_thumb.jpg

- There is no white "video game" logo on the front label.

- The shell is different then the SunScience shells. This has small ridges on the side like a Dimax/Sinmax cart. Also the back is completely different. No SS logo here. Note too the 1 2 3 4. Looks like the shell is meant for switches for a multicart, however no holes are drilled out (I felt the label for holes underneath too).

- The cart is sliding door no lock. It is light and I peered inside. It has a blob style prom.

- I'm not sure if Suntek is an English speaking company in origin. It should be noted a Pyromaniac (a person who likes to go around starting fires) is sometimes called a "Pyro" for short. We sometimes use a slang term calling these people a Firebug too. An example would be "Oh, he is such a Firebug playing with that lighter".

I hope this helps,

Omega