IGNORED

Colecovision Pipe Dream....

RickHarrisMaine

Ok, you have sitting around your house a perfectly good Colecovision console, controllers, what have you. Its taking up valuable space, space that could be used for the gaming items that you REALLY want. Now bear with me for a moment.

You also are a person who just wants to get rid of it, maybe find a home for it, maybe find a person who will actually love the system, and dreams about owning and playing one, but has a wife who unfortunately limits him to spending about 15 bucks or so on his new hobby of collecting the stuff he played when he was a kid.

If you're that person, PM me, I will gladly take it off your hands and love it (in the non-weird way of course) the way it so richly deserves.

Ok, you have sitting around your house a perfectly good Colecovision console, controllers, what have you.  Its taking up valuable space, space that could be used for the gaming items that you REALLY want.  Now bear with me for a moment. 

You also are a person who just wants to get rid of it, maybe find a home for it, maybe find a person who will actually love the system, and dreams about owning and playing one, but has a wife who unfortunately limits him to spending about 15 bucks or so on his new hobby of collecting the stuff he played when he was a kid. 

If you're that person, PM me, I will gladly take it off your hands and love it (in the non-weird way of course) the way it so richly deserves.

838985[/snapback]

You can buy an ADAM for dirt cheap. Free to-$10/$15. If you just want to play CV games, this will work fine, unless it has to be in a CV casing. Spray paint it black. :P

You can buy an ADAM for dirt cheap. Free to-$10/$15. If you just want to play CV games, this will work fine.

The downside being, of course, that unless modified, the power supply for the ADAM is housed in the printer, so you need not one, but two clunky things around just to play carts. It should also be noted that compared to a ColecoVision, an ADAM (with printer) weighs a friggin' ton, and so if you're going to have it shipped a distance, whatever gain had by cheaping out on an ADAM is lost to postage costs in most cases.

You can buy an ADAM for dirt cheap. Free to-$10/$15. If you just want to play CV games, this will work fine.

The downside being, of course, that unless modified, the power supply for the ADAM is housed in the printer, so you need not one, but two clunky things around just to play carts. It should also be noted that compared to a ColecoVision, an ADAM (with printer) weighs a friggin' ton, and so if you're going to have it shipped a distance, whatever gain had by cheaping out on an ADAM is lost to postage costs in most cases.

839555[/snapback]

It doesn't require any significant "modification". Just open the printer, take out the PS board, throw away the rest. Cut the purple wire on the PS board. Or just buy the ADAM w/o the printer, wire in any other PS that outputs similar voltage. I don't think you need all those different voltages to just run the CV board. You could use a CV ps. The ADAM by itself isn't that large. You could fit a ps inside of it. A lot of it is empty, to accept add-on boards/drives.

It doesn't require any significant "modification". Just open the printer, take out the PS board, throw away the rest... Or just buy the ADAM w/o the printer, wire in any other PS... You could use a CV ps. The ADAM by itself isn't that large. You could fit a ps inside of it. A lot of it is empty, to accept add-on boards/drives.

I think you're reading far too much into what I said. What you describe is modification to the standard setup. How is it anything but? Either modify the stock ADAM or live with having the printer attached. Period.

Yes, one could wire in a PS his/herself. Most people don't want to do that. Even so, unless a suitable PS is on hand, you'll then have to get one of those, too. I don't see how this is any better than ponying up a few dollars more for a ColecoVision in the first place.

The ADAM console is mostly empty. So is the ColecoVision. The ADAM is still clunkier.

And as you pointed out, it isn't black. :P