IGNORED

Hardsynth

emkay

I think that the main voice is in tune with respect to all of its notes, but it may be out of tune with the other voices... I think... not sure.   It sounded like the arpeggio notes were off.

998335[/snapback]

That's what I mean with "attendance" the sounds beside the main voice (sometimes named accord) .

I really would like to have a tracker with 2 of those synth-voices plus a digi-channel.

998348[/snapback]

Ah ha. I see. Yes, a tracker that can do that will make some awesome music! But, can you do in-game music with a digi-channel? I mean, you would want to adjust the digi-channel as fast as possible to make digital sounds.

Also, is it possible to use one volume only channel to adjust the "envelope" for the other 3 channels? Since these are all kind of "or"ed together... thus, if the volume only channel is set to zero volume the overall output from all 4 channels is different than if the volume only channel is set to 0x0f...

Just thinking out loud...

Ah ha.  I see.  Yes, a tracker that can do that will make some awesome music!  But, can you do in-game music with a digi-channel?  I mean, you would want to adjust the digi-channel as fast as possible to make digital sounds.

Digis inside a game may be a bit over the top, but games like Boulder Dash really could have been enhanced with digis, because they don't use any dli's or rasterchanges.

Perhaps a rework of the tune would work, to have a better sounding with pokeys capabilities.

Also, is it possible to use one volume only channel to adjust the "envelope" for the other 3 channels?  Since these are all kind of "or"ed together... thus, if the volume only channel is set to zero volume the overall output from all 4 channels is different than if the volume only channel is set to 0x0f... 

Just thinking out loud...

998363[/snapback]

The difference is in the technique of the sound generation (as you know already)

With pokey's generators, you can set one volume level and play a whole melody.

With the digitizing, volume only changes are used. The volume is changed to fast to bring a hearable change in the overall volume level.

Updates of my latest conversion projects.....

This is again the part of the RSI tune, but darker.

This is an updated version of the erasure mix....

1001863[/snapback]

I like the Erasure mix... an obvious mod (from previous thread) conversion. :)

I think that the bass drum is actually out of tune with the rest of the music if that makes sense, and the snare drum is a little "soft" just like a noisy "shhh" sound, but it is good.

Really pushing the limits of RMT aren't we? :)

Did you use any volume-only channels or are these all filtered?

I think that the bass drum is actually out of tune with the rest of the music if that makes sense, and the snare drum is a little "soft" just like a noisy "shhh" sound, but it is good.

1001938[/snapback]

Nevermind this comment. On the real hardware the bass drum (and the whole tune overall) is more in tune. The emulator is just not quite right yet.

I like the Erasure mix... an obvious mod (from previous thread) conversion. :) 

Well... I used the drum, because it sounds good to me in the emulation.

If you want to change the snare and the drum, just feel free to to do so.

Really pushing the limits of RMT aren't we? :)

As far as possible :)

Well... I'm not satisfied with the whole tune, but there are some parts sounding really marvellous.

Did you use any volume-only channels or are these all filtered?

1001938[/snapback]

The special sounds are all filtered sounds at 15kHz.

Who knows this one?

1002598[/snapback]

I believe that this is Alphaville - Big In Japan....

... not in Germany. :)

Though, Forever Young was a much bigger hit here in the States.

Edited by Cybernoid

I believe that this is Alphaville - Big In Japan....

... not in Germany. :)

Though, Forever Young was a much bigger hit here in the States.

1002686[/snapback]

I knew it .... I knew it ... :D

Coming back to the setup of pokey.

Those tunes are sounding good to the ear because pokey doesn't play only high pitched notes.

You can play them on a small speaker just to listen to the music, and when putting them to big speakers, the sounds are winning depth.... as with real music ;)

It seem that two things will be ever complicated:

-The difference between emulation and the real pokey.

-The fact of digitizing usage for "real" bass sounds.

I knew it .... I knew it ... :D

Coming back to the setup of pokey.

Those tunes are sounding good to the ear because pokey doesn't play only high pitched notes.

You can play them on a small speaker just to listen to the music, and when putting them to big speakers, the sounds are winning depth.... as with real music ;)

It seem that two things will be ever complicated:

-The difference between emulation and the real pokey.

-The fact of digitizing usage for "real" bass sounds.

1002979[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. I was missing some of the bass while listening in the emulator, but I have headphones with a wide range 20Hz - 20KHz. :) This really picks up the bass my Atari can produce. I noticed this first with my PCM player... Wow, this thing can really kick! :cool:

Big in Japan... LOL. Man, I had forgot about this one, and it certainly brings back memories... hehehe.

a german based band is big in usa... ;) i just know scorpions and nena... but alphaville? i am supprised.

1003098[/snapback]

LOL. I didn't know that Scorpions is from Germany. Well, you learn something new every day. :D Well, I didn't really listen to them that much back in the day. I guess "Rock You Like a Hurricane" has a little more meaning for 2005. :ponder: And, if I have to hear 99 Luftballons one more time..... arrrrgggghhh...

Yup, some German stuff reaches here. Rammstein actually gets some airtime, and I have a friend in Sweden that imports some music to me from Sweden and Germany... of course, that means that I have to listen to S.P.O.C.K :)