IGNORED

Best looking Handheld console?

Best looking mass produced hanheld console?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Best looking mass produced hanheld console?

• Neo geo pocket/color
    • Nomad
    • wonderswan/color
    • wonderswan crystal
    • Lynx 1
    • Lynx 2
    • Game gear
    • Game Boy
    • Game Boy color
    • Game Boy pocket
    • Game Boy Advance
    • Game Boy SP
    • Nintendo DS
    • PSP
    • PC engine/turbo Graphics GT
    • GP32
    • Zodiac
    • N-gage qd
    • Gizmondo
    • Other What/why?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Someone sugesten best looking console, but with only 20 options, i couldent come up with a shortlist that would make everyone happy. So what do you think is the best looking handheld? If you like the look of a handheld in a certain colour tell me, The black and red gameboys were nice for example.

Haydn

i like the heavy, serious look of a turbo express. it always reminded me of those early GPS devices people had on boats. its got that sharp screen and the bezel protector. of course big and rugged isnt necessarily what people want in a portable. number two would be the nomad for similar reasons, excellent job carrying over the genesis look to a portable format. if i could go really out there i'd pick the hi-saturn navi, but who has one of these?

http://nfg.2y.net/games/hisaturn/

ugliest is easily the game.com model 1, mine has such scratching on the case its hideous.

i like the heavy, serious look of a turbo express. it always reminded me of those early GPS devices people had on boats. its got that sharp screen and the bezel protector. of course big and rugged isnt necessarily what people want in a portable. number two would be the nomad for similar reasons, excellent job carrying over the genesis look to a portable format. if i could go really out there i'd pick the hi-saturn navi, but who has one of these?

http://nfg.2y.net/games/hisaturn/

ugliest is easily the game.com model 1, mine has such scratching on the case its hideous.

842713[/snapback]

Thats realy nice system, be great on a boat. But it certinaly isnt a hand held, There was a pc enging on the same principle (without the list of features) also.

Haydn

It will surprise everyone that I didn't vote NGage. I love the thing, but it has nothing on the Gameboy Pocket in the looks department in my book. Remember when the GBP came out, in like a million colours? After all the gigantic monsters that preceded it it was sweet. It still looks great and is very portable.

I gotta go with the PSP on this one. That sleek black capsule design looks both futuristic and sophisticated all at the same time.

Honorable mentions go to the Neo-Geo Pocket Color (boxy, yet sporty!) and the Game Boy Advance SP NES Edition. The DS isn't too bad, either, although I tend to think it's got too much case and not enough screen (seriously, those screens look tiny next to the PSP).

Ugliest handhelds include the original N-Gage, the Sega Nomad (I love the concept, but man, just look at that thing!), and the original maxipad shaped Lynx. It looks like you should give it to your hulking, eight-foot tall girlfriend during her time of the month, rather than play video games on it. I don't think the game.com LOOKS terrible... it's just completely unimpressive in every other respect.

JR

I've never even seen half the handhelds listed, so I can't make an honest vote. How about some pictures?

842950[/snapback]

Here is my collection so far. I will be adding a game boy color and a gp32 soonish.

Game gear, lynx 2, pc enging gt, Neo geo pocket, Gameboy origional/pocket/advance..

For the rest look on ebay.

Haydn

DSCF0014.JPG

I hadn't realized how nice the NGPC looks untill I saw it in that group shot.

Funny, since I own 2 of them(silver and ocean styles).

But I gotta give it to the Wonderswans. The SwanCrystal wins my vote.

Yeah i think the worst looking system goes to the sega game gear. Good god is the game gear ugly! Its huge for one thing i think its as large as a mini cooper if not bigger. Not to mention those ugly blue buttons that stand out like a soar thumb. And whats with that stupid metal stand it had what did sega think people were going to display the thing? The game gear is the uglyest hand held ever created and i would go as far to say its 1/4 as ugly as the honda element.

Edited by sega saturn x

Yeah i think the 2 worst looking systems go to the game.com and sega game gear.  Good god is the game gear ugly!  Its huge for one thing i think its as large as a mini cooper if not bigger.  Not to mention those ugly blue buttons that stand out like a soar thumb.  And whats with that stupid metal stand it had what did sega think people were going to display the thing? The game gear is the uglyest hand held ever created and i would go as far to say its 1/4 as ugly as the honda element.

843192[/snapback]

What metal stand, i dont remember one(in UK)? But supervision beats them both hands down for ugly (look at the 2 pics i posted)

Haydn