IGNORED

Best looking Handheld console?

Best looking mass produced hanheld console?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Best looking mass produced hanheld console?

• Neo geo pocket/color
    • Nomad
    • wonderswan/color
    • wonderswan crystal
    • Lynx 1
    • Lynx 2
    • Game gear
    • Game Boy
    • Game Boy color
    • Game Boy pocket
    • Game Boy Advance
    • Game Boy SP
    • Nintendo DS
    • PSP
    • PC engine/turbo Graphics GT
    • GP32
    • Zodiac
    • N-gage qd
    • Gizmondo
    • Other What/why?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hm. Never seen the Supervision before. It looks like a prop from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Scanning your vital signs ....

I vote for the GBA SP, both for form and for function. It looks great. There are a lot of different looks for it (anyone have a list with pictures of the many case variations?). You can use it in the dark. It holds a charge for a long time. It plays all the GameBoy games, old and new. It folds up so the screen won't get scratched. It's the first system you can actually carry in your pocket. There are loads of games for it. You can load a small game collection on a single flash card and have a portable arcade with you wherever you go.

I say GBA SP is not only the best looking, it's also the best handheld ever. I like PSP and all, but it's like having a big truck in the city -- there's no place to park the thing, and it uses too much gas.

Yeah i think the worst looking system goes to the sega game gear. Good god is the game gear ugly! Its huge for one thing i think its as large as a mini cooper if not bigger. Not to mention those ugly blue buttons that stand out like a soar thumb. And whats with that stupid metal stand it had what did sega think people were going to display the thing? The game gear is the uglyest hand held ever created and i would go as far to say its 1/4 as ugly as the honda element.

My vote for the ugliest handheld would have to go to the Microvision. Cute concept but extremely unweildy and once it was used for a while the film buttons would begin to show wear.

I voted for the N-Gage QD. Why? Probably because I just ordered one and I'm still pretty enamored with it. Also I was fairly sure nobody else would and I felt sorry for the poor little guy. ;)

Close second was the GBA SP NES version.

I can't believe that so many are voting for the PSP. Yes it's got a beautiful huge screen, but otherwise it's pretty bland looking to me. This isn't to say I don't want one. I reaaaly want one. I just don't think it's a terribly nice looking system.

-S

Yeah i think the worst looking system goes to the sega game gear. Good god is the game gear ugly! Its huge for one thing i think its as large as a mini cooper if not bigger. Not to mention those ugly blue buttons that stand out like a soar thumb. And whats with that stupid metal stand it had what did sega think people were going to display the thing? The game gear is the uglyest hand held ever created and i would go as far to say its 1/4 as ugly as the honda element.

My vote for the ugliest handheld would have to go to the Microvision. Cute concept but extremely unweildy and once it was used for a while the film buttons would begin to show wear.

843540[/snapback]

Here is the microvision.

Haydn

MB_MicrovisionUS.jpg