IGNORED

How much is a loose Pete Rose worth?

TomBrazil

I saw a loose, incomplete copy go for like $30 last week on eBay, which is a total ripoff. I'm looking for a copy myself.

(psst... anyone who has one can be nice and PM me to sell it... :cool: )

It's actually a half-decent baseball game. I hate the infield controls (it's SO realistic for a 1st baseman to have to grab a ball at the pitcher's feet because it's 2 pixels above where the the pitcher can run) and it's WAY too easy to get a home run, but it's light years better than Realsports Baseball.

Now that I have my collections I hope the bottom doesn't fall out.

Cousin Vinnie

844264[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry about that.

Rare games are still going to be rare games. But hopefully the whole "retro gaming" fad with all these "NES on a stick" pieces of crap they sell in the Malls will go away soon and the prices for Atari commons and semi-rares will go back to normal, so that those of us who just like to PLAY these GAMES won't feel like we're being worked over by Used Car Salesmen.

I've seen Pete Rose Baseball on eBay way too often for it to be worth $30 to me. I need it to finish my collection, but I don't need it THAT bad. Food and gas, yes... unfortunately Pete Rose Baseball no. :P

Don't even get me started on Tank Command.

Hello Guys.... I see you are all nuts about Pete Rose... despite some of you won't admit it :D :D :D I didn't know this title was so appreciated.

Well, for the sake of our fellow 7800 collectors, here I am posting a picture of my loose one... I'll sell to the best offer, please PVT me. I also have one boxed, but I really don't want to sell it.

(I'll also post this in Marketplace, to be fair with everyone).

post-6332-1114563092_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomBrazil

I bought 7800 PRB new in 1988 or 89, and was excited at a decent looking baseball game, after years of Home Run and Super Challenge Baseball, which looked good, but was only 2 player. It was a few years later that I found out that they made a 2600 version of Pete Rose, and it looked almost as good, and played just as well as the 7800 version! That blew me away, and I still think the 2600 version of Pete Rose is one of the most underappreciated games for the 2600. If that game would've been released in 1981, there would have been no George Plimpton Intellivision commericials, comparing Intv baseball to Atari!