IGNORED

Franchises you'd like to see come to DS

Zoop

what franchises would you like to see come to DS. This thread is not nesscerily to talk about ports ,or even remakes it can even be new games in that certain franchise

Heres mine:

Legend of Zelda (besides four swords im meaning a 3D single player adventure)

Star Fox

Donkey Kong

Nights Into Dreams

Super Monkey Balls

Paper Mario

Wario World

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

Luigi Manison

I-Ninja

Soul Calibur

Mortal Kombat

Beyond Good & Evil

Yoshi's Story

Tempest (something closer to Tempest 2k than Atari Retro Classics was)

Turok

Jet Grind Radio

Crazy Taxi

Tony Hawk

House of The Dead

Smash Bros

Power Stone

,and in the only we can wish end of things

Conker

Banjo-Kazooie

Perfect Dark

House of the Dead, I didnt even think of a game like that. Or, they should somehow remake that godawful Resident Evil shooter game into a good new game.

Smash Bros, Is what I really wanna see. Wirelessly kicking a friends ass around 2 screens, what else could be more fun?

Maniac Mansion And Dott, or a sequal. I really want point 'n clicks on the DS, but it looks like it aint happening

I'd buy a DS a lot sooner if RARE made games for it. It'd be great to get to play some multi-player Perfect dark, as it sucks on the N64

Does anybody else ever get the feeling that RARE is f'ing with microsoft? I dont like Microsoft, but it seems like a while since RARE has released a quality game, they used to do it all the time. I think its wrong. I just wanna play Perfect Dark 0, I dont care on what system

I know it was a cruel IGN April's Fools Joke ,but Duck Hunt would be a wicked DS game. except maybe have 3D graphics ,and have the orginal as an unlockable.

846234[/snapback]

Dude, Nintendo needs to release a classic Zapper pack for the Nintendo DS. Most of those games lend themselves extremely well to the system... Gumshoe in particular is like the great grandfather of Yoshi's Touch and Go. If they went with the original games, the whole collection would cost them, like, fifteen cents to make.

JR

i seen the latest build of Conkers Bad Fur Day port on Xbox on Xplay recently ,and it looks damn good shame i dont have an Xbox or the game isn't going to be on cube.

849720[/snapback]

Shame its been in development in forever and that Conker isn't that great of a title. Especially nowadays, I've read from magazines that the gameplay really hasn't aged well and the multiplayer is so-so. But they've been working on it longer so perhaps they've improved it.

Well, with that stylus control and dual screen, I'd like to see some Lucasarts franchises return, cheifly:-

Sam'n'Max

Maniac Mansion

Zak McKracken.

I think we've had enough Monkey Island now :)

Intellivision Lives!, with the touchscreen emulating the 12-function keypad.  About time somebody created an Intellivision emulator on a system that could theoretically do the emulation some justice controller-wise.

849830[/snapback]

Man your right that would be awsome now i could play some intelly games with out my hand crampping up. Just need the controller on the bottom screen and the game on top that would rock.

Hmm... lets see...

Rez (Might work well with the touch screen)

House of the Dead (Duck Hunt would be neat, but we can do a little more on the DS)

Pokemon RPG (I wouldn't play it myself, but Nintendo needs to do more with this franchise than racing games. A solid Pokemon RPG is what Nintendo should have done on both the N64 and Gamecube, but never did. This would have the potential to be a system seller amung kids)

Super Smash Bros (It's always amazed me that Nintendo never even tried to make a portable version of this franchise... perhaps a GBA version would be in order, since the DS's features wouldn't seem to help much here)

Marble Madness (Here's one that's long overdue for a remake, could benefit from the touch screen for movement, and the dual screens to give you a good view of things)

Crystal Castles (Mostly for the same reasons as Marble Madness)

Grim Fandango (Not for any specific reason... I just think this game needs to make a comeback too)

Any quality hockey game (Mostly just because I'm a hockey fan and have yet to find a portable hockey game that doesn't suck. EA will probably release one eventually, but I don't have much faith in their hockey games anymore)

Any quality pinball game (I think the stacked screens might work really well for this, although the seam in the middle might cause some havoc. I'd love to see the Pro Pinball Trilogy games ported)

Shooters, and lots of 'em! (Raiden, Dodonpachi, Strikers 1945, Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, anything!)

--Zero

Hmm... lets see...

Shooters, and lots of 'em! (Raiden, Dodonpachi, Strikers 1945, Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, anything!)

--Zero

851548[/snapback]

Honestly, if they make anything like that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm holding back on it for now, got some more important things to take care of (OVGE, Arcade). From there, we'll see.

Marble Madness has kind of already seen its own renditions of a remake with the Super Monkey Ball series along with the new Pac N' Roll that will be comin out for DS soon.

As far as smash bros the closest thing GBA had to a smash bros title was some Digimon crap ,and Sonic Battle

As far as a Pokemon RPG for gamecube i read something before about along with the new zelda ,and Mario 128 there was suppose to be a Pokemon RPG released for cube before it dives to Rev.

As far as a pokemon rpg on DS Theres already 2 pokemon games in developement for it i believe their Diamond ,and Pearl i could be wrong. Lets hope its not in lame-o 2D cause it would be such a waste of potentional with the DS hardware.

i seen the latest build of Conkers Bad Fur Day port on Xbox on Xplay recently ,and it looks damn good shame i dont have an Xbox or the game isn't going to be on cube.

849720[/snapback]

Shame its been in development in forever and that Conker isn't that great of a title. Especially nowadays, I've read from magazines that the gameplay really hasn't aged well and the multiplayer is so-so. But they've been working on it longer so perhaps they've improved it.

849799[/snapback]

Hmmm, magazines have been very unfair towards Rare recently; wouldn't read too much into it. I've played the Conker demo and I thought it was pretty good. Its been in development for quite a short time by Rare's standards anyway, they've been known to take up to 5 years but the games always come out so polished you've got to say its worth it.

Anyway, on topic. I think games like conventional platformers aren't really suited to the DS. I'd like to see some new stuff done that hasn't been done on consoles, or in gaming, before. First of all I'd like to see some PC-style games make it. I'm not a big PC gamer (I've got a mac), so it would be nice to see series like Command & Conquer and (one of my favorites) Civilization among others get decent handheld versions - the DS is just idealy suited to them. Other than that, I can't wait to see the new Zelda and Mario games which are coming, I'm hoping to see lots of new types of gameplay applied to those great old franchises.

Oh yes and Sabre Wulf - I don't know if any of you have played the recent GBA version but that would be perfectly suited to DS. The adventure sections would be in full 3D (instead of isometric) and have much more depth, but the platform sections could be in 2D like the GBA, except you'll be able to select the items on the touch screen (with the action on top), and of course great 2D graphics with the DS's extra power. When the Wulf is chasing you back to the start one screen could follow you and one could follow the wulf - adding a while new element where you can dodge the wulf by constantly knowing where he is when he's off screen. The GBA version was going to do this in a split-screen but that was removed because of frame-rate problems. The chase sections had to be dumbed down because of it - but on DS it could be done perfectly.

Edited by beamrider2600