IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

• 5 weeks later...

Here as promised a new build of Froggie.

Some notes:

With PROSYSTEM Emulator the TIA sound is really bad but you should better take the Pokey version anyway ;)

This version is PAL enhanced and looks a bit better than NTSC if you have the choice you should go with PAL

The XBoard version is untested

froggie_pokey.zip

froggie_tia.zip

froggie_xboard.zip

Edited by Schmutzpuppe

Some notes:

With PROSYSTEM Emulator the TIA sound is really bad but you should better take the Pokey version anyway ;)

This version is PAL enhanced and looks a bit better than NTSC if you have the choice you should go with PAL

The Pokey and x-board versions won't go past the title screen (button doesn't do anything.) I didn't try the tia version.

Allan

Damn, don't do even the smalled changes without testing it on the real thing :(

My fault sorry guys.

I uploaded the corrected version.

While testing the files on the 7800 I found out that my CC2 Pokey is defective.

It sounds extremly weird.

Not only Froggie but also Ballblazer.

Oh well... :(

Some notes:

The Pokey and x-board versions won't go past the title screen (button doesn't do anything.) I didn't try the tia version.

Allan

My fault sorry guys.

Some notes:

Allan

No problem.

I looked at my 7800 again and released the C10 wasn't soldered to the board. I soldered it and tried the CC2 with Beefdrop. Now I get music but the notes go load and soft randomly. :(

Allan

My fault sorry guys.

Some notes:

Allan

No problem.

I looked at my 7800 again and released the C10 wasn't soldered to the board. I soldered it and tried the CC2 with Beefdrop. Now I get music but the notes go load and soft randomly. :(

Allan

I just tried the Pokey and Xboard versions. The Pokey version works fine. The xboard version plays but no sound. I'm not sure if using the CC2 is messing with the Xboard or not. When I get another eprom burner I will try it with a regular cart.

Allan

A few things that MAY have been mentioned or are known issues....

1. When you're on the log with the lady frog, if you jump toward her as she jumps toward you, you can jump right through each other

2. The timer doesn't stop when you put a frog in his "home" so even after putting the last frog in the hole and essentially finishing that screen, you can die. I would think that once you get them all in there, that round is over but nope, I timed it so I finished with just 2 ticks left and died as the music was playing despite having all the frogs in their spots as the timer continued to count down

A few things that MAY have been mentioned or are known issues....

1. When you're on the log with the lady frog, if you jump toward her as she jumps toward you, you can jump right through each other

You are right I also noticeed that but hadn't fix it yet.

2. The timer doesn't stop when you put a frog in his "home" so even after putting the last frog in the hole and essentially finishing that screen, you can die. I would think that once you get them all in there, that round is over but nope, I timed it so I finished with just 2 ticks left and died as the music was playing despite having all the frogs in their spots as the timer continued to count down

That a new one for me, I'll fix it.

Thanks for the feedback.

There is some general weirdness I experienced where it seems things speed up randomly and times when you push to move up but you won't move at all but that just might be the emulator

Also, one thing that MAY be a bug, when you finish a level by putting the last frog in a hole with a fly in it, the 200 is not displayed which may just be the graphic or maybe in fact you don't get the bonus. Not sure, wasn't really watching the score.

Okay, I think I figured out that level-freeze bug...

I noticed that after you get all your frogs into their homes, the timer keeps counting down while the music plays. So...basically, if the timer counts down to zero during the between-level music, the music suddenly stops and your frog won't move.

If it's your LAST frog and this happens, the game's over. :(

Having said all that...I must say this is THE FINEST amphibian migration simulation game I've seen on any non-MAME platform. Well done!! Can't wait to buy the cart. :)

• 5 weeks later...