• Hack 'Em by Nukey Shay
    • Pac-Man Plus by Pac Man Plus
    • Pac-Man Arcade by Rob Kudla
    • Jr. Pac-Man by Atari
    • Crazy Otto by Racoon Lad
    • Mr. Pac-Man by El Destructo
    • Something Slim forgot

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Original Pacman. The only reason people hate it is because it's not close to arcade Pacman. Had it used different graphics and not been a Pacman, then it would have been received much better. In and of itself, it's a great game, it's just not really Pacman, that's all.

I chose Jr. Pacman, though I have only played the three Atari releases.

Just to add my two cents in, I dislike Pacman because the colors are horrible so you can't tell when the ghosts are edible and when they're not and the flicker is bad and the controls are buggy and I get stuck in the middle of a wall about once out of every four times I play it. It is hardly playable for me, though I will admit to not being that good of a player.

I voted for Nukey Shay's Hack Em. If you didn't vote for it, you haven't played it. Too bad the game will (most likely) never be released on a cartridge. It starts with the Pesco kernal, but I think almost everything else in the code has changed. So I don't consider it a hack.

I haven't played all the games on the poll either. Very few people have played Ebivision's Pac Man since it was never officially released.

And I'm sorry, but the original Pac Man would still suck if the arcade game never existed. Poor joystick control, bad collision detection, atonal sounds and ugly color selection make it a bad game.

I voted for Nukey Shay's Hack Em.  If you didn't vote for it, you haven't played it.

876733[/snapback]

Amen to that :)

If we are counting Pac Man like games such as Lock N Chase I will have to go with Alien, I find it better than Atari Pac-Man and Ms. Pac combined :)

I voted for Nukey Shay's Hack Em.  If you didn't vote for it, you haven't played it.  Too bad the game will (most likely) never be released on a cartridge.

876733[/snapback]

It sucks that Hack 'Em can probably never be offered in cart form, I believe if it was it would most likely set a sales record for homebrews/hacks :) Hack 'Em was what we were all expecting back in '81, if the game released then looked like Nukeys hack instead of Tod's folly video game history would have been alot different :)

Edited by sandmountainslim

I voted for Pac-Man Arcade, simply because I can play it on a cart. Hack-em deserves a cart release, but, as stated above by several, it will never happen. Too bad for the classic gaming community.

Jr. Pac man is good, but I find it too hard to play for very long.

Can't vote for Ebivision Pac-Man, because I have never played it. I see that 2 people have voted for it thus far, so I know at least 2 people have this cart (or at least the rom). So at least I know it exists.

Edited by Lord Helmet

Can't vote for Ebivision Pac-Man, because I have never played it. I see that 2 people have voted for it thus far, so I know at least 2 people have this cart (or at least the rom). So at least I know it exists.

877739[/snapback]

I have also never played Ebivision Pac Man, how many carts of it were sold before they pulled the plug? It is pretty much like Hack Em only 4k right?

My vote also goes to Junior. This was a late 80's liquidation purchase for me and I remember being highly impressed with it. Still am.

- Jason

876591[/snapback]

Jason:

Hmmm, how much for that little Pac Man on your console? Heh...now I want to start collecting Pac Man stuff, besides the games! :roll:

Steve

My favorite Pac-Man-like game is Lock 'N' Chase (M Network). There are two bonuses to get and you can block and trap the cops. There's no annoying flicker either.

876709[/snapback]

I'll have to second that, I play lock n' chase more than any other pac-clone.

EDIT: I just found Hack 'em on the hacks page, it kicks ass! I wish I could change my vote!

Edited by Tsukasa