• Hack 'Em by Nukey Shay
    • Pac-Man Plus by Pac Man Plus
    • Pac-Man Arcade by Rob Kudla
    • Jr. Pac-Man by Atari
    • Crazy Otto by Racoon Lad
    • Mr. Pac-Man by El Destructo
    • Something Slim forgot

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

EDIT: I just found Hack 'em on the hacks page, it kicks ass! I wish I could change my vote!

880334[/snapback]

I told you!

For everyone else, here is the thread. Post #333 has the lastest ROM.

Hack 'em

880521[/snapback]

Hack-'Em needs a label...anyone want to design the ultimate pac-label for the ultimate pac-2600 game?

Edited by Lord Helmet

EDIT: I just found Hack 'em on the hacks page, it kicks ass! I wish I could change my vote!

880334[/snapback]

I told you!

For everyone else, here is the thread. Post #333 has the lastest ROM.

Hack 'em

880521[/snapback]

Here's a direct link to that post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=794294

I just played it again to be sure, but although it's better than the original piece of crap, I still like Lock 'N' Chase and even Mouse Trap better. To me, it doesn't kick either of their asses yet. It would have to have some more changes before it would do that such as a possible animation adjustment, more work done to the tune, better sound effects. . . Until then, I'd probably put it in third or fourth place depending on what you consider a Pac-Man-like maze game.

Original Pacman. The only reason people hate it is because it's not close to arcade Pacman. Had it used different graphics and not been a Pacman, then it would have been received much better. In and of itself, it's a great game, it's just not really Pacman, that's all.

876617[/snapback]

It was more the epilictic flicker effect that killed Pac Man for me - oh and the poor use of sound. If they called it Crap Man or GNC Vitamin Man that might had been a better descriptor.

It was more the epilictic flicker effect that killed Pac Man for me - oh and the poor use of sound. If they called it Crap Man or GNC Vitamin Man that might had been a better descriptor.

882032[/snapback]

LOL - more like "Suck Man" to me.. It just amazes me that the idots at Atari thought they could rush out a lousy game and think it would please everyone. Almost everyone I knew who bought it thought they were ripped off. All Pac Man did along with ET (and with other companies lousy 2600 games) was turn a bunch of "Atarimaniacs" into ColecoVision, Nintendo and the first home PC fans.

I voted for Nukey Shay's version - had Hack'em came out in 1982 it would have been a MONSTER for Atari. Too bad Nukey cant go back in time and show the company his hack, he could have made a quick thousand! :D

Second place is Pac Man Arcade, so glad I got that on cart last year.

Honorable mention is Nukeys "Ms. Hack" - his unfinished attempt to give Hack' Em a Sex Change.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69801 (post 6)

Edited by WildBillTX

• 4 weeks later...
Jason:

Hmmm, how much for that little Pac Man on your console? Heh...now I want to start collecting Pac Man stuff, besides the games!  :roll:

Steve

880302[/snapback]

*insert Dr. Evil's amount here*

Aww, I can't sell Lil Pac. He's been around since I was, like, in 3rd grade. I still wind him up every now and then.

- Jason

I've also got one of those wind up Pac-Man toys. It's still in its packaging, which is weird. I guess thta I never got around to opening it. I'm leaving it in there because it's a lot easier to display hanging from a nail. I used to have a Pac-Man shrine in my basement which included my Pac-Man metal shelves, trucker hat, and a plastic "stained glass" suncatcher type thing. Now I'd have to add my alcoholic looking Pac-Man puppet... :)