IGNORED

Radica Space Invaders > 7800 joystick

remowilliams

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought one of these 7800-modded Space Invaders joysticks from someone here on AA way back in the day - though I don't recall who and my searching comes up empty. I absolutely loved it, but the cable developed a short and I have zero soldering skills to fix it. 

Is there be anyone on this thread who could take a look at it and repair it for me? 

On 11/14/2023 at 6:21 AM, Laner said:

Is there be anyone on this thread who could take a look at it and repair it for me? 

Depending on how well or poorly the original mod was done, this could/should be an easy fix.

If I were local to you I'd take a look at it. But, otherwise, I wouldn't commit to a positive outcome without seeing what I had to work with. The expense of shipping speculatively just wouldn't be worth it.

Maybe you'd find a willing repair-er if you opened it up and posted pictures?

This might be the ideal project on which you could learn to solder. It should be relatively simple.

Edited by BigO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 5:32 AM, BigO said:

Depending on how well or poorly the original mod was done, this could/should be an easy fix.

If I were local to you I'd take a look at it. But, otherwise, I wouldn't commit to a positive outcome without seeing what I had to work with. The expense of shipping speculatively just wouldn't be worth it.

Maybe you'd find a willing repair-er if you opened it up and posted pictures?

This might be the ideal project on which you could learn to solder. It should be relatively simple.

Totally agree with this.

Post some good photos of the innards and the loose wire and more than likely we can tell you where it goes.

You can buy a soldering iron and a learn to solder kit and learn a new skill and gain a new hobby.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=learn+to+solder&crid=2RDD54IHWS9VM&sprefix=learn+to+solde%2Caps%2C145&ref=nb_sb_noss_2