IGNORED

AV and S-video mods for classic systems

I have been visiting the site for awhile now but mostly reside over at digitpress(also as swlovinist)due to my collecting focus. I have several classic systems that I need modded from RF to AV out. A buddy of mine who resides over here told me a long term member who can mod these systems at a very reasonable price. I am looking for someone who in the near future(possible 3 months due to my current moving 400 miles north to Vancouver, Washington. Here is what I am looking to mod:

Intellivision

Atari 7800

Atari 5200

Odyssey 2

Colecovision

Bally Astrocade

Sega Genesis(s video out)

Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you "skunkworx". I've done all of those except the Astrocade, which I'm currently working on for a fellow AtariAge member, and the Intellivision. I briefly tried the Intellivision mod and couldn't get a stable picture but I've recently found a different circuit to try when I get a chance. My website has pricing on all of my current mods, plus will soon be updated with a ton of new mods for the ColecoVision including new switches (see the other thread in this forum about that). If you had a bunch of consoles you wanted done at the same time I'd be inclined to offer some sort of discount.

Anybody in the Chicago area July 16 should stop by the Video Game Summit. I'll have a table there with at least:

(1) SNES, SNS-001 - Modded with Purple Led, A/V and S-Video Outputs

(1) SNES, SNS-002 (mini) - Modded with Purple LED, A/V and Pseudo S-Video Outputs

(1) Sega Genesis, Model 1 - Modded with Blue LED, A/V and S-Video Outputs

(1) Sega Genesis, Model 3 - Modded with Blue LED, A/V and S-Video Outputs

(Possibly 1) Sega Genesis, Model 2 - Modded with Blue LED, A/V and S-Video Outputs

(1) ColecoVision - Super Modded with Internal Power Supply, New On/Off and Reset Switches, and A/V, S-Video, Component Video, and Digital Audio Coaxial and Optical Outputs

(1) ColecoVision - Modded with something standard like A/V, possibly S-Video, and possibly the new switches

Along with about 100 ColecoVision games and 40 Atari 2600 games for sale.

I have been visiting the site for awhile now but mostly reside over at digitpress(also as swlovinist)due to my collecting focus.  I have several classic systems that I need modded from RF to AV out.  A buddy of mine who resides over here told me a long term member who can mod these systems at a very reasonable price.  I am looking for someone who in the near future(possible 3 months due to my current moving 400 miles north to Vancouver, Washington.  Here is what I am looking to mod:

Intellivision

Atari 7800

Atari 5200

Odyssey 2

Colecovision

Bally Astrocade

Sega Genesis(s video out)

Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

885394[/snapback]

I would check out 8 Bit Domains website. He has mods for 5200, 7800 and Colecovision. All at very reasonable prices. 8 Bit Domain

Moving to Vancouver , Wa eh?? When you get there, shoot me an email, I am in Seattle, but I can help with the O^2, Intelly and Genny systems. Those are easy to mod. A good friend, Rick lives there and would be interested in hooking up with you as well. We get together pretty often.

Regards,

-Lee

Lots of reputable guys doing this these days, great deal for the hobby.

I got a nice composite/S-video 7800 mod done by omne

Here's his site, he does a bunch of systems:

http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/

888012[/snapback]

I see that they use the "Bit Domain" video mods as well :thumbsup:

-Lee

Yeah it's a great 7800 mod, just need someone to put it inside :)

888335[/snapback]

And unless you're using a Commodore or Amiga monitor (or similar) make sure they install a useable S-Video jack instead of the seperate Luma and Chroma jacks. Not to mention standard jacks instead of 1/8" headphone jacks to RCA patch ends.

8 Bit Domain makes a great board, I just don't like having to use special cables, and not having an S-Video jack. I do prefer their's with the cables in the rear, but there's just not enough room for real jacks back there. That's why I had to install mine on the side.

Mine:

7800049nu.jpg

8 Bit Domain's:

78008bitdomain3ae.jpg