IGNORED

Flashback2

The signals are on the board near the b/w switch.

Curt

Curt,

I noticed that the cable is composite video with mono sound - how easy (or difficult) will it be to "upgrade" to S-video with stereo?  Are there two pins for the 2 sound channels?  How about chroma/luma/vsync pins for S-video?

Thanks again!

890916[/snapback]

I'll get one just fot the joysticks alone. Does anybody have a release date yet? Will they be available in Canada at the same time?

Exactly, do you know how much unused CX40 joysticks go for on ebay? That alone covers the cost of purchase.

Edited by retrocon

Awesome!! Thanks Curt!

The signals are on the board near the b/w switch.

Curt

Curt,

I noticed that the cable is composite video with mono sound - how easy (or difficult) will it be to "upgrade" to S-video with stereo?  Are there two pins for the 2 sound channels?  How about chroma/luma/vsync pins for S-video?

Thanks again!

890916[/snapback]

891074[/snapback]

I definitly want to get one or two of these!

But: do i have to import them, or will they come to europe in a PAL version??

Any info on that??

Just a guess, but since the PAL vs NTSCness (the color encoding and horizontal timing) is part of the TIA hardware (and it needs a different frequency crystal, too), I doubt it would be easy. They'd basically have to make a whole new chip.

Give this man a cookie! Yup, Bruce is correct, a PAL version for Europe will be done at a later date, ts this time, Infogrames in France has not yet commited to placing orders for PAL units. They seem to like to wait until they see the sales in the US by Atari before commiting to a buy. So nothing on the PAL front has been initiated... yet.

Curt

I definitly want to get one or two of these!

But: do i have to import them, or will they come to europe in a PAL version??

Any info on that??

Just a guess, but since the PAL vs NTSCness (the color encoding and horizontal timing) is part of the TIA hardware (and it needs a different frequency crystal, too), I doubt it would be easy. They'd basically have to make a whole new chip.

891308[/snapback]

Got my unit in and wrote up a review.

891574[/snapback]

Nice review, thanx! :thumbsup:

However, I don't see any pics in the 2nd link. :?

891586[/snapback]

How slow is your connection? I tried reducing the picture size somewhat, but it just might be slow. A lot of traffic since I put the review/pictures up since yesterday. I just clicked the link and came up here, but I am like 5 feet from the server also.

Corey

Maybe incompatibility with the software and your computer? Looks like your running XP which is what I am also. Here is a screen shot of what I get. The pictures should be just below what you see. Check some of the other messages in the forums like the labels and see if it does it in those also?

Anybody else not seeing the pics int he forums link?

Corey

post-6452-1121353418_thumb.jpg

I'm not getting the pictures either. :? I'm running a cable modem and windows XP. It's not the fastest, but definitely not too slow. I'm more curious about the joysticks. Do they feel like they are way to loose or is just the lack of the popping-clicking sound & feel that makes them feel not as responsive?

I apologize for the pictures. Did a source check and all it really is, is tables? Will check more into that, otherwise I will post links to the picks here. I have had other request for other pictures also and will get those up tonight.

As for the joysticks, to me it feels more like it slides. I am guessing they updated the insides to use newer components like in the original FB. If Curt says it is Ok, I can open one up and take a snap of it. Would actually like to get a snap of the FB2 also, but it does have the warranty sticker on it. Anyway, the joysticks are very responsive, just doesn't have the same feeling as the originals.

Corey

I apologize for those who can't see the pictures in the forums. I didn't know you have to be logged in to view them in the forum. I am currently working on the problem and will post in here when it is fixed.

Corey

I will get close up pictures also this evening of the joystick.

Edited by 8bitclassics

I have had a request in the other thread under Dedicated Systems for pics of the new games. Will be doing that tonight. Maybe I can post couple quick reviews. Didn't get a chance to play them all yet.

I like playing Pitfall! I think it might be a little easier than I remember. Always had a problem jumping over the scorpions and alligators. Must be the new joysticks? Also played Asteroids Arcade and Asteroids Deluxe. Liked Asteroids Deluxe a bit more as it felt more like the arcade version with the diamonds and white vector style graphics.

One game I found interesting and fun Frog Pond. Your a frog jumping on a log(?) and you press the button to stick out your tongue to catch flies (and looks like bats). I don't think it will have much replayibility for adults, but young kids would sure love it.

Corey