IGNORED

This site really sucks...

Needles Kane

Please boys and girls, DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

This from someone with "JFUK" in their sig? :roll:

894352[/snapback]

If the day is boring

Computer's data has been storing

Have a look at ZylonBane

Don't take his replies to insane

So you have to laugh 'til the next morning.

[still lmao] :D

i love my Jag because we go back a long way. When my friends had SNES and Mega Drives, i had the Jaguar. I got it at a pawn shop about 10 years ago. Even though everyone of my friend thought it sucked ass, i stuck with it. I bought as many games as i could for it, regardless of what it was and the more and more games i got, the more and more horrible the Jaguar seemed to be. The last game i bought, Towers II for $50.00 at EB was a huge disappointment and every game since has been. But I still love my Jag, i like to be able to bust it out and people will say, what the hell is that.

Though every game i own sucks but like 4, and I technically don't like the system, because of the games, graphics, and sure suckiness of the entire console, it still has a special place in my heart. But since i've started collecting video games, and I have 25+ systems, and my 16-bit systems can pump out better graphics than most "64-bit" Jaguar games, then i started to realize just how much of a failure the Jaguar actually was.

And one gaming moment in my life i will never forget is reading an issue of EGM and seeing an advertisment for the Jaguar, and my friends saying "I would never buy a Jaguar" Me, "Why", Friend " because it's Atari and destined to die"

Edited by kickinwing

Kickinwing, you made yourself clear

The Jaguar has good and bad games, and some of them may look '16-bit" but that doesn't make them bad games

For example, Cannon Fodder, Dino Dudes or Pitfall look 16-bit, but as a game they are fun to play(for me)

There are also games which are well programmed and take advantage of the console's power, which are graphically and gameplaywise very good Jaguargames

I guess your friend was right about Atari, the facts are clear why the Jaguar failed to succeed

Anyway, I like the system and it's games and that's why I visit the Atariage forums, so maybe you can call me a fanboy :)

It makes me wonder why there are some people here who don't like the Jaguar, but still keep on going messing around

I own different systems, and I play them all, they all have good and bad games

Edited by Isgoed

LoL, if i was a nintendo fanboi i would have said OMG THE SNES KICKS ASS OVER THE JAGUAR, THE N64 IS 64 BIT JAGUAR IS 10BIT. No i said specifically The Jag has games that look worse than SNES games AND Megadrive games.

I'm a collector, a fanboi of no system other than GP32. I hate my DS with a passion because of the crappy line up and i'm hating my PSP just as much lately. But i'm sorry, i'm not a fanboi.

I am also done with this arguement. I've got a pretty good idea now of the type of people are on this board and now know not to post anything bad about the Jaguar no matter what it is.

*Watches in horror as my precious thread crashes and burns* :(

Back on topic: the Sega Saturn (or most other systems, for that matter) are not my area of expertise, so I encourage anyone who finds more (guaranteed there are) mistakes to email Mark and correct him.

Also i'm talking about first party and 3rd party carts, not cd's, not homebrew.  There were not 80 first party, 3rd party games for the Jag that I count.

Not counting homebrews, there are 72:

1. Air Cars

2. Alien vs. Predator

3. Atari Karts

4. Attack of the Mutant Penguins

5. Baldies

6. Battlemorph

7. BattleSphere

8. BattleSphere Gold

8. Blue Lightning

10. BrainDead 13

11. Breakout 2000

13. Brutal Sports Football

14. Bubsy: Fractured Furry Tails

15. Cannon Fodder

16. Checkered Flag

17. Club Drive

18. Cybermorph

19. Defender 2000

20. DOOM

21. Double Dragon V

22. Dragon's Lair

23. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

24. Evolution: Dino Dudes

25. Fever Pitch Soccer

26. Fight for Life

27. Flashback

28. Flip Out

29. Highlander

30. Hover Strike

31. Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands

32. Hyper Force

33. I-War

34. International Sensible Soccer

35. Iron Soldier

36. Iron Soldier II

37. Kasumi Ninja

38. Missile Command 3D

39. Myst

40. NBA Jam: Tournament Edition

41. Pinball Fantasies

42. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

43. Power Drive Rally

44. Primal Rage

45. Protector

46. Protector: Special Edition

47. Raiden

48. Rayman

49. Ruiner Pinball

50. Skycopter

51. Skyhammer Songbird

52. Space Ace

53. Space War 2000

54. Speedster II

55. Super Burnout

56. Supercross 3D

57. Syndicate

58. Tempest 2000

59. Theme Park

60. Towers II

61. Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy

62. Troy Aikman NFL Football

63. Ultra Vortek

64. Val d'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding

65. Vid Grid

66. White Men Can't Jump

67. Wolfenstein 3D

68. World Tour Racing

69. Worms

70. Zero 5

71. Zool 2

72. Zoop!

also said Iron Soldier, not Iron Soldier II which is probably the only cart game that can compare to an early Saturn or PS1 game.

1. You claimed that IS could be done on a Super Nintendo. I asked you to prove it by showing me a Super Nintendo game like IS.

2. IS2 is even more advanced. I challenge you to again, find a Super Nintendo game that looks like that since the Jaguar is quote "barely more powerful than an SNES".

3. How do you know IS2 is probably the "only game that can compare"? By your own admission, you've only played a small portion of the Jaguar's library, so you've pretty much come to this view out of ignorance. Certainly not an "informed" standpoint.

for the record, I actually agree with you. Most Jaguar games do not make that system shine. They did not blow people away and they are not killer titles against killer PSX games.

But this is an issue that's not so easily explained by naive thinking like "the hardware is barely 16-bit quality".

You also have to factor in things like development budgets, development time, quality of software house involvement etc.

For every one Alien Vs. Predator, Skyhammer, Battlesphere, Iron Soldier II or Rayman, there are many more Kasumi Ninja's and Dino Dudes.

But it has been easily shown that when the Jaguar is pushed well, it could churn out a LOT more than 16-bit games.

LoL, if i was a nintendo fanboi i would have said OMG THE SNES KICKS ASS OVER THE JAGUAR,  THE N64 IS 64 BIT JAGUAR IS 10BIT.  No i said specifically The Jag has games that look worse than SNES games AND Megadrive games.

I'm a collector, a fanboi of no system other than GP32.  I hate my DS with a passion because of the crappy line up and i'm hating my PSP just as much lately.  But i'm sorry, i'm not a fanboi.

I am also done with this arguement.  I've got a pretty good idea now of the type of people are on this board and now know not to post anything bad about the Jaguar no matter what it is.

894484[/snapback]

Um you pretty much HAVE said those things about the Jaguar as you've also said that the games suck. Yes we're mostly fanboys here. That's why we come to places like this site. And you are biased against the Jaguar simply because you don't like any of the games you have for it. Nobody is going to change your opinion about that. Oh well. But when you come out with some really absurd statements like SNES Doom being on-par with Jaguar Doom then you have to expect a response like this. In fact I'd like to see you prove some of the assumptions you've declared that DracIsBack is asking for. If you're going to argue about it and spout out those kind of statements then back it up. The day that BattleSphere, BattleMorph, Skyhammer or IS2 can be perfectly ported over to the SNES without any change in the graphics or gameplay then I'll sell off my whole collection.

I could say that every game that's not on an Atari system sucks. That won't change the fact that others will like those games. But if I went around some boards and started spouting "Halo 2 looks like a PS1 game!" then of course I'd be flamed for a dumb comment like that.

Kickinwing my best advise is to not bother it's impossible. And about that maddox clone the guy who sent the angry e-mail BEMANISUPERSTAR is an ass hole. Who every time you disagree goes on this crazy tangent about how he could whip you in x-box live. I remember i got in to an arguement with him because i don't like guilty gear one of his best come backs was always i can destroy you on live. And if i remember correctly he really loves dead or alive as well.

And ok, lets compare some of these games to 16-bit games.

First off, lets have a look at Cybermorph

cybermorph.jpg

And here's Star Fox.

SNES_Star_Fox.png

Gee, i'd rather play Star Fox.

Here's Iron Soldier

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/jagu...ron_soldier.jpg

Wow, Iron Soldier looks soooooo much better than Star Fox. Yeah right, gimme a break, It is not that much better, if hardly, than Star Fox.

Now we go to Club Drive

http://members.aol.com/atarijag/shots/club2.jpg

And here is the GENESIS version of Virtua Racing

http://www.juegomania.org/Virtua+Racing/fo...rtua+Racing.jpg

Gee for a system with no special hardware chips, this game looks better than a "64 bit" jaguar game

And now we have checkerd flag

Checkered%20Flag%20.png

Still looks barely better than a Genesis game, and remember kids, the Genesis doesn't have special hardware like the Jag.

Edited by kickinwing

And ok, lets compare some of these games to 16-bit games.

First off, lets have a look at Cybermorph

And here's Star Fox.

Gee, i'd rather play Star Fox.

Here's Iron Soldier

Wow, Iron Soldier looks soooooo much better than Star Fox.  Yeah right, gimme a break, It is not that much better, if hardly, than Star Fox. 

Now we go to Club Drive

And here is the GENESIS version of Virtua Racing

Gee for a system with no special hardware chips, this game looks better than a "64 bit" jaguar game

And now we have checkerd flag

Still looks barely better than a Genesis game, and remember kids, the Genesis doesn't have special hardware like the Jag.

894921[/snapback]

You've just completely shot yourself down there.

Cybermorph looks WAYYY better than StarFox, do you see that shading? That smooth Gouraud shading? nice isn't it?

where's the shading in StarFox? oh yes thats right its completely flat.

Oh and the angles at which the buildings appear in Starfox, man they look the same.

So lets consider the freedom in the games.

In Cybermorph and IS you can go wherever you want.

Oh YEAH thats right StarFox is on RAILS!!!

Also, I hate to break it to you but Virtua racing DOES require additional hardware, its in the cartridge, thats why it was so expensive back in the day.

Now lets look at pictures of World Tour Racing

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=1118

How does that look?

Your other examples are 2D for which the 16bit machines can easily compete with a more advanced machine. Neither of them for example look as good as a Neo Geo. What is also clearly evident from you pictures however is the greater colour deph in the Jaguar images

Way to look like a bozo!

No Really you've done the work for us, bravo!

Now run along home little child you've become tiresome.

Edited by Atari_Owl

Now lets move on to the 2D games.

First up, Ultra Vortekultravortek.jpg

Ok, cheap Mortal Kombat Rip off, lets see what the SNES can pull off.

Foto+Mortal+Kombat+II.jpg

Wow, its actual Mortal Kombat, and for a 16-bit game, it doesn't look much worse than Ultra Vortek.

Now lets try some good ol' fashion cart racing games.

First up, Atari Karts.

atari_karts.jpg

And now of course, Mario Kart

image4.jpg

Atari Kart edges out this one, but not by much, especially for a "64-bit" game against a "16-Bit" game

Here is the Jaguar version of Dragon: The bruce lee story

dragon__the_bruce_lee_story.jpg

Wow, look at the 64-bit goodness.

And now the same game for SNES

Dragon_-_The_Bruce_Lee_Story_02.png

Exactly the same. I'd expect at least a little more for a "more" powerful system.

World Tour Racing looks worse than the worst PS1 racer, so how can that be your crown gem game for a 64-bit system? Please. And Cybermorph looks crap. the colors, look crap, the graphics look crap. Silpheed for the Sega CD, blows away any Jag shoot em up.

And here are some random 16-bit games from Sega, Nintendo, SNK and you show me Jag games that compare or exceed these games graphically.

ss-snes5.jpg

aliensol1_iso.gif

quackshot_2.jpg

Edited by kickinwing

World Tour Racing looks worse than the worst PS1 racer, so how can that be your crown gem game for a 64-bit system?  Please.  And Cybermorph looks crap.  the colors, look crap, the graphics look crap.  Silpheed for the Sega CD, blows away any Jag shoot em up.

And here are some random 16-bit games from Sega, Nintendo, SNK and you show me Jag games that compare or exceed these games graphically.

I wasn't comparing WTR to a PS1 game which was 2 years newer technology, nor was i saying it was a crowning achievement, merely that your own examples have illustrated AGAINST your point.

I suggest you look at

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=1064

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=1105

http://www.duranik.com/ (on the native pages)

for further examples

You've made quite enough of a fool of yourself now.

Go away and play with your little friends.

Oh btw you're clearly not worth my time, you are ignored, please indulge yourself in whatever pathetic rant you want i'm no longer listening.

Edited by Atari_Owl

Native, yeah, that's been around for years and never released demo, still your right, it does look nice.

But i will not stop until you guys admit that the Jag had NO 64-bit games. And for that matter, had NO 32-bit games. Don't make me get screen shots of actual 32-bit and 64-bit games.

And for the last time dumb asses, i'm talking about Cartridge games, NOT F*ing CD GAMES.

I never thought the Jag scene was this dilussional, truth must hurt for you guys, to keep believing so faithfully that the Jag was capable of 64-bit games or had actual 64-bit games.

Edited by kickinwing

Native, yeah, that's been around for years and never released demo, still your right, it does look nice.

But i will not stop until you guys admit that the Jag had NO 64-bit games.  And for that matter, had NO 32-bit games.  Don't make me get screen shots of actual 32-bit and 64-bit games.

And for the last time dumb asses, i'm talking about Cartridge games, NOT F*ing CD GAMES.

I never thought the Jag scene was this dilussional, truth must hurt for you guys, to keep believing so faithfully that the Jag was capable of 64-bit games or had actual 64-bit games.

894942[/snapback]

Thanks for ruining this thread and forcing me lock it. In the future if you want to discuss the Jaguar, please try to do so without calling people names. Also, it certainly appears that you are not interested in debate, but instead forcing everyone to conform to your opinions. That's not what debate is about.

..Al