kisrael

Bug Report Thread

Just a follow-up that TwentySixHundred tracked this down, in a PM. It appears that pfpixel was being given some off-screen data in certain circumstances.

It's a known bB limitation that you need to keep pf* function coordinates within bounds, so it's not a bB bug.

• Like 2

I have found a bug with the score in DPC+ where by adding this code

score = score + 252
score = score - _blahblah

or

score = score + 252
score = score - t

One random digit becomes a garbled mess.

default.bas_13.thumb.png.1886f0471feb935df6c0b56f1d8f976e.png

If i comment out 'score = score - t' then everything is fine again. The variable 't' only increments by 9 for every pfread and never exceeds 252.

Edited by TwentySixHundred

I don't have a link handy at the moment, but take a look in the batari Basic guide for the discussion about the score and binary coded decimal.  in short, the score is stored as binary coded decimal, and you're adding a variable which is not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Karl G said:

I don't have a link handy at the moment, but take a look in the batari Basic guide for the discussion about the score and binary coded decimal.  in short, the score is stored as binary coded decimal, and you're adding a variable which is not.

Thanks! yes i was just about to remove the post as i worked this out. That solved the issue, i really didn't think it aplied for the math that added the to the variable (thought it was the total value) turns out the math also needs to be BCD 👍

Edit: Actually it still does it, i will keep playing around with it however everything that stores the value is BCD. Might need to code it a different way/

Edited by TwentySixHundred

36 minutes ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Thanks! yes i was just about to remove the post as i worked this out. That solved the issue, i really didn't think it aplied for the math that added the to the variable (thought it was the total value) turns out the math also needs to be BCD 👍

Edit: Actually it still does it, i will keep playing around with it however everything that stores the value is BCD. Might need to code it a different way/

Have you looked at this:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#bcd_dec

10 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

Yeah i have, for some reason it just wasn't liking my subtraction however i never tested in dec mode. It's all good as i scrapped that idea and rewrote for the cost of an additional 8bytes. Rather then subtracting the value of that variable i just added the score per playfield check with and 'else' condition.

I had plans to still use that variable globally later down the track and i still can, as the next feature doesn't require addition or subtraction to the score. I was just trying to eliminate any unnecessary code and share the variable but for the cost of 8bytes im happy 👍

Version 1.0, build 568, Win7 64bit.

Whenever I post even a small line of code the program will endlessly scroll up then freeze and crash. Am I doing something wrong? It's making me crazy!

Also, in forums, I see that I can edit a post but is it possible for me to delete a post completely? I only recently started posting here and sometimes I reply in the wrong forum. I don't want to be annoying.

Thanks for any help.