IGNORED

On TV - Flashback 2

Just checked out the Flashback 2 stuff on qvc.com - looks pretty good!!

I did go through each screenshot and noticed a few mistakes in the screenshots (Asteroids Deluxe pic is from the arcade, Caverns of Mars pic is from the computer version, Lunar Lander is an obvious mock-up, Space Duel is a mock-up (showing the tether which is not in this version), and Thrust is listed.

Also - the screenshot for Millipede looks like the unreleased GCC version (not the Atari version). Does anybody know which version is actually on the FB2?

Thanks,

I ordered mine!!  They say it wont ship until sept 27!!!!  Does this mean sometime in

August I'll be left behind for 30 days?  Or is this the earliest nayone can get it?

I watched the 6pm showing of Santa's Toyshop/Christmas in July, I didn't watch for too long but didn't see Flashback 2 shown again which most likely meant they sold out of their initial 42K units that QVC ordered and they and didn't need to air it again.

Curt

Kevin

898395[/snapback]

Hey Spike, I'm pretty sure that I know what you're looking for. Yes, you can mod the FB2 with a cart slot. Also on the motherboard there are clearly marked taps for separate left and right audio output. That's what I'll be soldering within five minutes of getting the FB2 home. :)

Edited by gulag picture radio

It finally came on tonight at around 7:15pm. They sold the last 1,000 of the orig

30,000 while they were talking and by the end they were selling more (not shipping

until Oct 28th).

at least one adult called in and she said she wanted it for herself, not her kids or

anyone else. Can't wait to get mine.

Kevin

Edited by kevin242

Just saw this on QVC - I must say it looks awesome!! Funny thing - the guy was playing Asteroids and I'm not sure if my TIVO recorded it at 30FPS or if it was being aired at 30FPS, but sometimes I could only see the ship (no asteroids) or just the asteroids (no ship) because of the flicker. It looked pretty funny!

On a serious note - I just want to say thanks to Curt for what looks to be a fantastic product. I'm counting the days until I can get a hold of one.

Thanks Curt! :)

Shipping and Handling $5.47

896756[/snapback]

Plus state sales tax where applicable.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

897135[/snapback]

Yep...it added sales tax to mine, and estimated arrival date as October 4, 2005...but I swore that on today's airing at 6PM they had the shipping date on the TV show listed as October 28th...probably a typo.

Question: why are you guys buying this from QVC when Wal-Mart (who is admittedly more evil than even the worst home shopping channel) will have it almost 60 days sooner?

898540[/snapback]

Maybe we don't want no stinkin' RFID chips on our merchandise (I think Wal-Mart requires RFID chips on all products these days)...pretty kooky reason, eh? :D

Question: why are you guys buying this from QVC when Wal-Mart (who is admittedly more evil than even the worst home shopping channel) will have it almost 60 days sooner?

898540[/snapback]

Maybe we don't want no stinkin' RFID chips on our merchandise (I think Wal-Mart requires RFID chips on all products these days)...pretty kooky reason, eh? :D

898575[/snapback]

all the packages, and a master on the pallet.. just for tracking invintory.. goes from everything on down to P.O.S.

RFID the new UPC, get on board, or get out of the way.

why have someone witha hand held bar scanner clicking everything off when you can just pass the entire pallet through a yoke and have everything check in itself?

Did anyone look at the list of games on it?  In particular "Adventure II" is cited.

Is this another game, or the one that cafeman was working on?  The information does say that some Homebrew games are involved.

898675[/snapback]

"Adventure II" is an original game created for the Flashback 2, with input from Ron Lloyd. It is derived from the 5200 version in terms of gameplay elements and maps, but the 2600 version is more limited in scope given the capabilities of the two machines.

..Al

Just saw this on QVC - I must say it looks awesome!!  Funny thing - the guy was playing Asteroids and I'm not sure if my TIVO recorded it at 30FPS or if it was being aired at 30FPS, but sometimes I could only see the ship (no asteroids) or just the asteroids (no ship) because of the flicker.  It looked pretty funny! 

898429[/snapback]

It looked fine to me, I was actually surprised it didn't look worse. I thought 2600 games on film showed all sorts of effects which is why they used the arcade Asteroids in that Freaks and Geeks episode where the kid gets a VCS.

Just saw this on QVC - I must say it looks awesome!!  Funny thing - the guy was playing Asteroids and I'm not sure if my TIVO recorded it at 30FPS or if it was being aired at 30FPS, but sometimes I could only see the ship (no asteroids) or just the asteroids (no ship) because of the flicker.  It looked pretty funny! 

898429[/snapback]

It looked fine to me, I was actually surprised it didn't look worse. I thought 2600 games on film showed all sorts of effects which is why they used the arcade Asteroids in that Freaks and Geeks episode where the kid gets a VCS.

898923[/snapback]

Hmmm- I'll see if I can convert the segment to MPEG or something and post. I never caught that episode of F&G - I'll have to see if I get a copy to check out.

Thanks,

Hey, did anyone see the info on Flashback 2 at QVC.com? I thought it would be something like "Made in USA" just like Jaguar64...

"Made in China."

So that good old times, when in Europe (where I live, so "so long Flashback 2" or I have to wait), the "Vietnamese people" were selling their "Computer Game System (CGS)" etc., I mean copies of all products, just like in the old ATARI VCS box... are back.

This time it's by ATARI (do hope?) but it seems, that lot of these good old copied boxes stayed in ASIA. :-D Btw. Curt, did ATARI manufactured everything new, just like those boxes, and joysticks, or is it stuff Infogrames was talking about "...got also some warehouses, that will be ATARI's fan to dig through..." that it got in 6.12.2000 by aquisting Hasbro? :-)

why have someone witha hand held bar scanner clicking everything off when you can just pass the entire pallet through a yoke and have everything check in itself?

No problems with that.

But if the RFIDs don't get disabled at the POS, anybody can track them from then on. Until it is not guaranteed and checkable by myself, that the tag is disabled at the POS or when leaving the shop, it is 100% unacceptable. Else we are just one step closer to "Big Brother".

But probably that belongs to a different thread.

Yea so you saying that if I go with QVC that Ill get both,

The Atari FLashback 2.0

fb2.JPG

and the Bonus CD of

Atari Anniversary Edition PC CD-Rom

atari%20anniversary%20pc.jpg

All for $33 plus S&H in two or three months? Forget it I already have that CDROM LONG ago and on ther console ports from Playstastion to Dreamcast I just want the Flashback 2 unit thank you :D

Yea so you saying that if I go with QVC that Ill get both,

The Atari FLashback 2.0

fb2.JPG

and the Bonus CD of

Atari Anniversary Edition PC CD-Rom

atari%20anniversary%20pc.jpg

All for $33 plus S&H in two or three months? Forget it I already have that CDROM LONG ago and on ther console ports from Playstastion to Dreamcast I just want the Flashback 2 unit thank you :D

899561[/snapback]

actually it's $28 plus S&H