IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm currently on an Oatmeal kick for an experiment I'm conducting. By god, if you REALLY want to eat cheaply (and nutritiously I might add) you can't lose by going the OATMEAL route!

Wal-Mart sells flavored and unflavored boxes of QUAKER INSTANT OATMEAL packets for about $2.66...each box contains 12 packets! You can mix and match flavors for variety. If you're REALLY on a budget, just get the "generic" boxes of instant OATMEAL....2 boxes for $5.00! That's 24 packets of warm, oatey goodness!!! :lust: :)

Interesting. Sorry I missed this the first time around. Like a lot of people have already said, don't waste your money on pre-prepared convenience foods. You can stretch your money a lot further by buying real food and learning how to prepare it. Do a search for "frugal living" and you'll find tons of stuff about making good, cheap, easy food from scratch. And as an added bonus chicks love guys who can cook. ;)

This week I made baked chicken with roast potatoes, onions, and leftover mac & cheese. The chicken was $5.50, a big bag of potatoes about $2.00, and a bag of cheap yellow onions about the same. The chicken will last all week for me, and I've got lots more potatoes and onions left to go with next week's meals. Average it out and it comes to less than $2.00 a day.

Cooking is really easy. Don't even bother peeling the potatoes, just wash . Just toss everything in a pan, slather the chicken some with honey, add some dried basil, parsley, and a little olive oil or margarine on the potatoes and onions, and cook at 400 degrees for two hours why you do something else. Reheat and eat the next day.

Interesting. Sorry I missed this the first time around. Like a lot of people have already said, don't waste your money on pre-prepared convenience foods. You can stretch your money a lot further by buying real food and learning how to prepare it. Do a search for "frugal living" and you'll find tons of stuff about making good, cheap, easy food from scratch. And as an added bonus chicks love guys who can cook.  ;)  

This week I made baked chicken with roast potatoes, onions, and leftover mac & cheese. The chicken was $5.50, a big bag of potatoes about $2.00, and a bag of cheap yellow onions about the same. The chicken will last all week for me, and I've got lots more potatoes and onions left to go with next week's meals. Average it out and it comes to less than $2.00 a day.

Cooking is really easy. Don't even bother peeling the potatoes, just wash . Just toss everything in a pan, slather the chicken some with honey, add some dried basil, parsley, and a little olive oil or margarine on the potatoes and onions, and cook at 400 degrees for two hours why you do something else. Reheat and eat the next day.

Mmm! That actually sounds quite tasty--particularly the honey and herb slathered chicken (not to mention cheap too!) :lust: . Perhaps I'll give this a shot this weekend and see how it comes out!

The cheapest I've gotten is $0.10 on ramen noodles. I know too much is bad but they are *CHEAP*

Egg salad sandwiches are next. With about 7.5 cents per egg, about 2 cents with of mayo and 2 slices of bread, you could have a nic emeal for less tjhan 25 cents (50 cents for 2 sandwiches)

Next to that is Taco Smell. :P they're cheap.