IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Sinistar Prototype Discovered!

Albert

I have not had a chance to go through all the disks he sent, but at first glance it doesn't appear to have any other unreleased gamees in there.

Awesome!! Alot of us have been waiting very patiently for this to arrive. Really looking forward to it. I remember you saying in an earlier post that you may also be uncovering some other previously uncovered code in these batches of disks you have obtained. Care to divuldge whether you have discovered any other interesting or unfinished works?

See the quote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys,

I haven't had time lately to go through anything yet. Don't worry, it will happen.

I just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it. :D :D :D

I know Sinistar was my fav game in the 80's and I waited for it come out back then too... now I am in my mid 30's and it looks like if we are lucky it might make it out by the time I am in my mid 40's altho I wouldn't be suprised if I the last thing I do on my death bed is write one last reply to this thread "any word yet aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh"

maybe they will have a copy in Heaven.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, there is a LITTLE progress to report.

I did look through everything and it seems this last version that was compiled does seem like the best version. I will need to recompile the code into a cartridge ROM, so I will need to work on that for a bit. I now have the development file so I can see if I can release the documents from that as well.

Good things come to those who wait.....

Well, there is a LITTLE progress to report.

I did look through everything and it seems this last version that was compiled does seem like the best version. I will need to recompile the code into a cartridge ROM, so I will need to work on that for a bit. I now have the development file so I can see if I can release the documents from that as well.

Good things come to those who wait.....

are you planning on releasing it as an .bin or .atr file that can be used in an emulator?

I am planning to release the game as a cartridge BIN. The ATR already exists but it does not work on real hardware for some reason. So a ROM release is the best thing.

Okay cool. Is the ATR already out someplace? I have literally been waiting for this port since the 80's! I'm glad to hear it is coming close to release!!!!! I plan on buying a new (well used) 8bit just so I can experience it on real hardware when it is released.

Kev

Not if it was RE-Released with the XEGS/130XE time frame!(as other games were like Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Crystal Castles, etc) No I don't have the silver labels, I do not like any of them. Actually any carts I have that come in gray cases with XL labels I convert to blue! :)

Edited by tjlazer

• 1 month later...

Not much to report, I haven't had time to work on it lately. I do hope to get some work in later this month.

why not just release the .ATR for now so we can check out via emulator? Then when you have time you can release the .rom like in 10 years or something?

kev

If you've been paying attention you would know. The original programmer does not want a disk image released. Since he allowed me access to his materials it makes sense to respesct his wishes. I will release a ROM binary when it is ready.

I'll vouch for this. He's very picky about how things are to be done.

Tempest

• 4 months later...