IGNORED

What was the year you bought your first Jaguar?

justclaws

What was the year you got your first Jaguar?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What was the year you got your first Jaguar?

• 2006 (for poll longevity)
    • I don't own a real Jaguar...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hello,

A survey of how long AA Jag fans have owned Jaguars...

Although it's old ground to mention cost, by all means post what you paid too.

Oh yes, I paid £149 approx., a good discount thanks to a dealership friend.

Likewise, I got the JagCD on day of release in UK, at £149.95, I was happy!

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Edited by justclaws

On 4/19/95, I paid $275 and got: 1 boxed Jaguar System with Cybermorph (1 controller, power supply, RF switch, all original packaging and manuals), 1 extra Jag controller, 1 Composite Video cable, and the following games (all CIB except Raiden): Alien vs. Predator, Cannon Fodder, Doom, Iron Soldier, Raiden, and Tempest 2000.

I got mine in the UK (where I lived until 1997) about a month after it came out, right before Christmas if I recall... I paid £200 for it with the regualar package... Two months after the CD came out I got that also £200... However to finance a trip to NYC I sold the CD unit (they were having problems getting supplies in the UK and I was able to make a little on it for my trip)... I then moved here to the US in 1997 and in about 1999 I purchased a core unit and power supply from ebay for $15 to use my exisiting games and controllers... Still use it to this day, especially for Rayman (MY GF loves it and when we play it at her college everyone wonders what the hell is that strange gray machine :) )

I wish however that I had never sold the CD unit, as I can't justify buying a new one right now... But I DO want to get ahold of Mutant Penguins

Edited by orpheuswaking

In 1993, I had one of the first 100 Pal Jaguars in the country. :cool: Was on Telegames waiting list and since I was such a good customer I secured one of the few they had. :cool: Got it with Cybermorph then added Dino Dudes, Raiden and Crescent Galaxy a few weeks later when they got them in. Paid £229.99 for it £30 above what it was supposed to be. :x Sold off most of my collection when Atari went bust and got a bit diss-illusioned by them, I was a massive Atari fan and I sold my Lynx collection too! Started collecting again about a year and a half ago and now have everything I had before and then some plus a 7800 with a complete collection which I never had. Thankfully out of the stuff I kept I had loads of the stuff which has now become rare and expensive.

Bought mine from ebay about 2 years ago, primarily for AVP, Tempest 2000, etc. I bought it complete in box, but don't recall how much I paid.

Then my second one was one that I got from www.collectorscardsandgames.com and I'm not sure why I got the second one, prolly to play while my boxed one stayed in storage.

I remember when Videogame Liquidators had brand new Jags for $28.00 and all software was $10.00-$15.00 back in 1999. I should have got one then. Better late than never!

922429[/snapback]

In January 1997, Tiger Direct was offering a new Jaguar video game system at an exclusive price of $59.99 which included AvP, Raiden, NBA Jam, in addition to the Cybermorph pack-in. (According to some sources, Tiger paid $20 for the consoles and $1 to $5 for software in a huge liquidation purchase from JTS.)

Tiger Direct started offering more bundled games, including the CD attachment for $69.00 and bundled CD games, and I picked up every single one of the game packs. I think one had Defender 2000, Missile Command 3D, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, and something else. Wolfenstein 3D was in there, too, as well as Hover Strike. Most of the game packs consisted of the rarer titles. These game packs were something like $40 for 4 games, and I think the CD pack was also $10 per title. I should've bought more at those prices, but I was working on my MA and a very poor grad student.

July 1994 (it came with tempest and cybermorph $100) complete with extra controller (i think) .... then next day or 2 i went to my local video store and bought their used trevor mc fur in crescent galaxy for $10 or $15 ... and ordered wolfenstein 3-D brand new for it it had to be a mail order ($50ish) ...:D ah good times hehe.

January 1995 - Cost me $500 AU (from a Melbourne/Australian importer - Sprint Electronics) that was bundled with Cybermorph. With the system i also picked up (same day):

:arrow: AvP (i HAD to - couldn't wait for this one!)

:arrow: Kasumi Ninja (being a Die-Hard MKII fan how could i resist?! Oh well, at least the headband was worth it! :D )

:arrow: Tempest 2000 (some weird looking game that ALL the magazines seemed to have been raving about! :? - Peer Pressure purchase!)

All games cost me $100 AU each, for a grand total of AU $800 (and an hour long trip on the train with a menacing and suspicious look on my face at all who approached my comfort zone that day - ie. within 10 metres of my precious Jaggy goodness!) :twisted:

Yeah, I got a base Jag unit in early '97 from Tiger Direct, too, with AvP, Raiden, NBA Jam, and Cybermorph. I declined on the CD add-on at that time because all I saw in that catalog was Battlemorph (only one CD game + CD console = waste of money, IMHO). I really didn't know anything about Atari, though, just figured it was discounted to compete with the N64. I eventually got my JagCD from VGLQ at the end of '97 (December?) plus a few extra games (Highlander, Myst, Dragon's Lair).

I remember when Videogame Liquidators had brand new Jags for $28.00 and all software was $10.00-$15.00 back in 1999. I should have got one then. Better late than never!

922429[/snapback]

In January 1997, Tiger Direct was offering a new Jaguar video game system at an exclusive price of $59.99 which included AvP, Raiden, NBA Jam, in addition to the Cybermorph pack-in. (According to some sources, Tiger paid $20 for the consoles and $1 to $5 for software in a huge liquidation purchase from JTS.)

Tiger Direct started offering more bundled games, including the CD attachment for $69.00 and bundled CD games, and I picked up every single one of the game packs. I think one had Defender 2000, Missile Command 3D, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, and something else. Wolfenstein 3D was in there, too, as well as Hover Strike. Most of the game packs consisted of the rarer titles. These game packs were something like $40 for 4 games, and I think the CD pack was also $10 per title. I should've bought more at those prices, but I was working on my MA and a very poor grad student.

922571[/snapback]

1997. Freshman in college. I think it was $100 at the local EB.

Very disappointed with Trevor Mcfur (but who wasn't. At least it looked good at the time). But then there was Tempest 2000. Ahhh. That was worth the price (not to mention the VLM in the CD, which I got later that year at EB for $50).

Bought mine for $30 at Kaybee toy store in Bedford (Dallas/Fort Worth area, TX) around May 1999.

Played Cybermorph and just about hated it. Then I got Bubsy and all was better. Soon found T2K and AvP and soon Cybermorph became a distant memory. :)